What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered 3 lbs of hops from hopsdirect. 1 lb each of cluster, columbus, and glacier. Im so ready for harvest time to stock up on some Amarillo and citra!

Bought 10 lbs of Cara-pils. Brewed a batch of Centennial Blonde. Cooked 3 pizzas using the wort to activate the yeast and the spent grain in the dough. Shared my home-brew and pizza with about 20 visitors for a BBQ. A great day indeed.

That is an enviable brew day, sir.

I didn't do a dang thing for beer today! I know, I know.. Throw your stones and swing your canes, but I will bottle a Saison tomorrow! I promise!

Stepped up a starter for a Blonde tomorrow, added a pound of demerara sugar to my Dubbel, added some maltodextrin to my Berliner Weisse in an attempt to boost the sourness.

Added 2.5oz of dry hops to my APA, equal amounts of Simcoe and Amarillo and tasted a gravity sample. This one isn't going to last long once it's carbed...

Dumpedboiling water into a Buffalo Trace Barrel to be used for a friends and I's brew. Get it swelled and rehydrated then brew. Can't wait. Went to local craft brew pub and had a few.

me... I brewed a belgian saison with my re-washed WLP 565 yeast. hope it tastes as good as the first batch.

Bottling a raspberry wheat. Not really my favorite beer, but I throw a lot of BBQ parties and it's a hit with the friends. So I always try to have some on hand. Though this time I got lazy and just did a quick extract brew.

Answered an unexpected phone call from the store manager of a grocery store that I bought a bunch of skunky beer from (domestic craft beer in brown bottles no less). I complained up the ladder about the beer handling. The store manager called me, thanked me for alerting him to a problem he wasn't aware of, offered me a gift certificate for more than twice what I payed for the beer, and vowed to work with his vendor to figure out where the problem happened and make sure it stops. Hopefully less people get skunkwater from that store in the future, and I'm glad I made a difference :)

Also, just mashed in my Strawberry Blonde.

Answered an unexpected phone call from the store manager of a grocery store that I bought a bunch of skunky beer from (domestic craft beer in brown bottles no less). I complained up the ladder about the beer handling. The store manager called me, thanked me for alerting him to a problem he wasn't aware of, offered me a gift certificate for more than twice what I payed for the beer, and vowed to work with his vendor to figure out where the problem happened and make sure it stops. Hopefully less people get skunkwater from that store in the future, and I'm glad I made a difference :)

Also, just mashed in my Strawberry Blonde.

I had the same problem at a new liqour store. I only bought a 6 pack of Warstiener Dunkel that was skunked but didn't bother to complain about it. If their prices were better I would have said something, but their prices were so high I wouldn't even bother going back as it is....

Sorted through the bottles we're saving and got rid of the short neck ones - we've finally accumulated a fairly decent quantity of longnecks that are all about the same. I'm totally OCD so mismatched bottles just doesn't sit right with me.

And I updated my profile info here.

Dumped the remainder of my second batch due to chlorophenols. Worked out though because the bottles got cleaned and filled with my first brewing of St. Fuad's irish red.

Cleaned my kegs inside and out. Inventory of items I am not using to put in Classifieds to pay for my keg/carboy cleaner.
Looking up IRISH RED ALES to brew for my son coming home from USMC boot camp in 2 months.

Drank some home brew.

And realized some of the longnecks I wanted to save are useless because they use twist-off caps. Oh well.

Bottled an all grain pale ale, kind of a mess of process what could go wrong did, but so far, fermentation went well and it bottled out nicely into 48 bottles. It tasted really good considering it is really green.

Removed labels and cleaned about 100 bottles. Which is no easy task, and hopefully not one I will do again soon. Best to stick with 24 bottle cleanup batches.

I bottled 5 gallons of Belgian Wit, Sold several big items out of the garage so I could have more space for brewing projects, Currently brewing IIPA, bought new beer lines for the kegerator, supported my LHBS/Microbrewery buying goods and beer...Yeah thats it :D

Love this hobby!

Filled two kegs to the brim and a six pack of bottles with Düsseldorf Altbier. This stuff was stunningly crystal clear from the primary as it went into the kegs. Can't wait to see how this is when it's cold and carbed.

I drank two beers. I did make preparations for tomorrows ten gallon APA. Also keg ten gallons and harvest my hops. I should be to weak to post on this thread.

Here's the Alt.

image-1449573511.jpg

I stepped over 5 corny kegs just to take a shower/use my bathroom. It was a tango with only one dancer.

Back