Haier kegerator conversion - foam baby foam...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilzaphod

Reaction score
I have a Haier half barrel kegerator that I'm converting to Corny kegs with 3 taps. I have the gas system installed with a three valves, but I'm waiting for my tower adapter to come via ups so I can add the other 2 taps. So for now, I have cut the sanke adapter screw off, and installed the Corny tap onto the line.

Today when I was pulling a beer, all I got was a lot of foam in my nalgene bottle.

I looked into the fridge and my pressure was up around 18-19 PSI. I've dialed it back to 10 PSI and purged the top.

So next steps.... I know I need to probably purge the top again just to make sure I have let enough of the overcarb out of the keg.

Do you think i need to change the default beerline off of the the main tap? Wouldn't beer line basically be the same between homebrew and commercial brew? I'm thinking I just overcarbed the hell out of the beer, and once I equalize it at 10 PSI, I should be good.

Thoughts? Sorry if this isn't very coherent, I'm a little buzzed off the foam bombs I've been pulling.

Thanks

C

the pressure is a little high but some purging can correct that . Leave it 10-12 psi and see what happens also how long are your beer lines ? I had the same problem with mine went from 5 ft to 10 ft and pours perfect every time now

the pressure is a little high but some purging can correct that . Leave it 10-12 psi and see what happens also how long are your beer lines ? I had the same problem with mine went from 5 ft to 10 ft and pours perfect every time now

My line is probably 3-4 feet.

I have a feeling it's going to be a real ***** to pull the line out of the faucett.

Do you (or anyone) know if they make a piece to bridge two pieces of hose this size? I'm sure they probably do, but I'm not sure what it would be called or where to get it.

Thanks

C

You can use a SS barb to connect two lines I did this with mine. I took the two 5 footers and connected them together with the barb and a couple of small hose clamps.

You can use a SS barb to connect two lines I did this with mine. I took the two 5 footers and connected them together with the barb and a couple of small hose clamps.

1st off, I appreciate your help. I'm not the smartest guy on the rock, but I'm trainable, or so my wife tells me.

I assume the SS is for Stainless Steel, right? So this part seems pretty cheap online, but the shipping is going to jack the price up. Unfortunately, I do not have a LHBS, so I either have to source at a Menards/Lowes/etc. or spend like $10 on a $2 part and pray I don't order the wrong size (like I did for part of my order at McMaster Carr).

I don't need anything special about it, right? It just needs to be metal, and probably should sanitize it before I stick the hoses together?

What section of the store should I look to find this? Plumbing?

Thanks for your help. If you swing through Iowa City the beer is on me. :)

Yes SS stands for Stainless steal . You can get plastic food grade barbs at Lowes HD etc. Just take your tubing in and test fit the barb and most beer lines are 3/16ths. I wouldn't use brass with fermented beer its to acidic and may leach into the beer.

Back