Can someone talk me out of this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckrogers71

Reaction score
Buying this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8753743&type=product&id=1202649765592
I know I dont need it, but its pretty cheap and I have been wanting one for the basement. The wife said last night, "I dont care if you get it, just as long as you know you will be mounting it on the wall." So That will cost me another 200.00 for additional cables, mounting brackett etc. In addition, I would need a small table or something for the AV equipment
However, here's the tv situtation:

MBR: 20" LCD w/ DVD
LR: 50" LCD Rear Projection
Kitchen: 20" LCD
Basement: 32" LCD
Bar: 20" CRT
Playroom: 15" CRT

Someone please talk me out of this!!!! Not just "Dont do it"

oopsnotfound.gif

I don't know, I wouldn't personally want to spend that much on an FAIL.

;)

I'm the perfect person to tell you you don't need another TV. I have one in my house. It's a 12-year-old, 27-inch RCA thing that won't die. Judging by the TVs you already have, I think you're looking at overkill. Surely you can't put that money to better use like say, sending it to me.

Basement: 32" LCD

Don't buy it. You already have one in the basement. Put the money aside and wait for another opportunity to spend it.

I bet your wife would be really surprised if you took her on a weekend getaway vs. buying a 7th tv!

IMHO :)

I've gotten into arguments with my wife about buying a new TV. I'm probably in the minority here, but she wanted a new one, I was fine with the old one (probably the same TV Shecky has, a 24" or 27" RCA that I bought ten or twelve years ago). I'm too cheap (except for beer stuff ;)). Our comprimise was buying a much nicer TV off from some friends who were getting divorced; it's our marital plunder.

But, yeah, think about it in the context of "what else would I do with $1,200 - $1,500"? Like, for example... do you keg? ;)

Since you're asking to be talked out of buying this, you obviously don't need it. Just think about higher priority things you could do with all that money? Do you really want all that debt? What if you lost your job? A shiny TV won't keep a roof over your head.

Since you're asking to be talked out of buying this, you obviously don't need it. Just think about higher priority things you could do with all that money? Do you really want all that debt? What if you lost your job? A shiny TV won't keep a roof over your head.

I know, thats what I am saying. It just really threw me when my wife said "Go ahead and get it!" she never says that.

Wont lose my job, unless my school closes up:cool:

Save the money and use it on a vacation or build up the nest egg ... anything other than buying another TV.

I mean, you already have 6, including one in the basement. Plus it's a 32 incher, which isn't anything to sneer at.

Do you watch that much TV that you need so many of them? Just wondering. If you're looking to unload one and replace it with the new one you have your eyes on, I'm thinking the Red Sox would look really good on an LCD in my house.:D

Can you see I have an agenda here?

Wait.You are willing to spend $1200.00 for another 10 Inches?

You say you already have a 32" down there, so whats wrong with it?

Is the 50" in the LR 1080p or not? If it's not, I'd put that mess in the basement and get a front projector.

Yes it is. But even if it wasnt, the bridal unit would have a fit as we (she) bought new furniture for that. I got an open box 50" for the top of it.

I would like to have a dedicated theatre room, but that aint happening:(

Back