Pomegranate Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadows69

Reaction score
Pomegranate Wine 2
• 34 pomegranates
• 2 pounds of raisins
• 2 pkgs of frozen Blueberries
• 10 pounds of granulated sugar
• 2 teaspoons of acid blend
• 1 teaspoon of pectic enzyme
• 1 teaspoon of yeast nutrient
• 5 campden tablet
• 1 package of wine yeast
• Add water to top off
• Split open the pomegranates and remove the seeds. Pour all of the seeds into a bowl. Throw out the pith and skins Use a food processer then skim the top to remove to pith.
• Crush the pomegranate seeds in the bowl thoroughly.
• Add all of the other ingredients to the pomegranate except the yeast.
• Stir well to dissolve the sugar, and let it sit overnight. The specific gravity should be between 1.090 and 1.095.
• Sprinkle yeast over the pomegranate mixture.
• Stir daily for 5 or 6 days, or until the specific gravity is around 1.050.
• Strain the must out and squeeze the juice lightly so that too much tannin does not escape from the seeds. Siphon into a secondary fermenter and attach an airlock.

• For dry wine, rack the mixture for three weeks, and every three months for one year and then bottle. For a sweet wine, rack for three weeks. Add 1/2 cup sugar dissolved in 1 cup wine. Stir gently, and place back into secondary fermentor. Repeat process every six weeks until fermentation does not restart with the addition of sugar. Rack every three months until one year old. Bottle.
• The wine may taste best if you store it for one year without drinking it.
• Do not get any of the pith or skin into the wine.
I have made this 3 years in a row. You will need to add sugar after finishing and before bottling as this is to be a sweeter wine.

No pulp that will cause the wine to take on a bitter taste. Just the seeds themselves (crushed). I pulsed the seeds in a food processor. Just enough to break them apart. I wear gloves to pull out the seeds because they will stain your hands for days and squirt all over the place.

Ok, no fruit pulp, just the seeds. And the seeds, that is the seed with the "fruit" encasing the seed, and the pit itself?

I followed your recipe and I pitched the yeast today. I see no sign of fermentation. This is my first time making a wine. Is this to be expected?

Lately I got curious in eighter doing pomegranate wine or mead....

What is total weigh of used pomegranates? Or how large those pomegranates you used?

This sounds incredible but I am terrified to try a wine. I think this may be my first attempt. This looks more fun than a wine kit.

Back