What a mess !!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juanzx

Reaction score
O man it was my first time making a beer and boy did it turn out to be a mess... I still remember I was so exited my kit arrived and couldn't wait to start making beer. I had read everything and watched allot of videos....well I sanitized everything but I found out I dint have a big enough pot all I had was a small 2 gallon pot I went a head ad added my water and my dried malt extract and hops then my malt extract .... The pot was so full!!!! Not one more cup could fit hahahaha then I found another packet of dme and added it ..... Like a science experiment gone wrong the thing burst !!! So much foam came out hahahaha man even though everything bad happened I still fermented the beer ..... I already know what I'm going to call this batch ....... "mistake" hahaha I can't wait to make it right the next time

Good attitude! :ban:

Yes, you really do need a bigger pot but they aren't terribly expensive and if cared for will last a lifetime. I'd suggest you get at least a 30 qt as you can boil your 2 gallon extract in it and top off or you can start with 6 1/2 gallons and boil the full amount if your stove has enough power. Got outside space, get a propane burner and maybe even larger pot and you have enough heat to boil more and less chance of boiling over.

I would just recommend getting a 4 gallon pot. I bought a cheap one for 40 bucks and it works fine, still have your hot break concerns (where foam rises before the boil starts) but just keep a bottle of water on hand and that takes care of everything.

You guys thanks so much !!! Hey this beer was going to be amber ale ... What do you guys suggest my next beer should be ??? Something simple please

The question is ( assuming you have a wife) how posses off is she? Mine is still pissed about the mess I made on her new kenmore stove. But after that she bought me a turkey fryer, small price to pay for a new toy.

RagingBull said:
The question is ( assuming you have a wife) how posses off is she? Mine is still pissed about the mess I made on her new kenmore stove. But after that she bought me a turkey fryer, small price to pay for a new toy.

Hahaha O man she was pretty pissed one of the burners dint work and she flipped out hahaha... Everything was sticky luckily I was able to clean everything and fix the burner :)

If you have a family dollar store near you many locations carry a 5 gallon SS pot for around $15. It is great for brewing extract batches on the stove.

I was thinking of buying a little propane burner. Simply because they're more powerful than a stove burner. About the pot ... I might just steal one from my mom haha

i was being a smart ass... but i'm going to guess there are lots of recipes for it online that are better than mine.

click on Recipe Tab at the top of the page, and find the bunch for brown ales

Idk...might take more than a wipe down...:drunk:
It's really weird,middle of winter,not to mention that storm that buried MN came around to NE Ohio. 8"+ in one day. Flys in the man cave? WTF??...

I should know better than take a drink while reading in here........ where is that damn cloth.

i blame the other guy... he swallowed a fly... i don't know why, he swallowed a fly... perhaps he'll die

(any former cub scout parents in here?)

Back