Coffin Keezer List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeebas

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
While in the process of building my own coffin keezer and researching all of the different designs / threads throughout this site I thought it would be helpful for others in the future to put a list together of all of the coffin keezer builds that I found. I compiled a spreadsheet with only really five columns now - HBT Member, Thread Name, Date (date completed or date posted if the project was completed before the initial posting of build), Link to Thread, Link to Image (Most Recent or Best View of overall design). I then took that spreadsheet and parsed out the columns to make a listing with pics here. Through my initial somewhat thorough searching I found 25 keezer builds, whether they are threads or just one post with an image.

I try to scour the DIY Forums every few days or so, so chances are if you have a build thread and its in that part of HBT, I'm already subscribed to your thread and will add it here when your build is done. Then again if there's some that I am missing, please point them out! If anyone has any suggestions about other relevant data to collect or a better way to do this, please let me know. Thanks for the great builds everyone!

What is a Coffin Keezer

Loosely defined it is a kegerator comprised of a chest freezer to keep the beer cool with an Irish Coffin Box on the top of it. I love seeing keezers / kegerators of all kinds, but I wanted to try to maintain a list of just coffin-style keezers. If you have a build with a tower on top or taps coming out of a collar - make a build thread and / or post pictures of your creation here - https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show-us-your-kegerator-29053/ - TONS of people follow that thread.

Total Coffin Keezer Count (that I could find on HBT): 161 (as of 2/27/2014)

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50

51 - 60
61 - 70
71 - 80
81 - 90
91 - 100

101-110
111-120
121-130
131-140
141-150
151-160
161-170

Nice work Jeebas! :mug: I'm proud to be part of the list of HBT coffin keezer builders/owners. If someone would have created a thread a year ago like the one you have started now, my life would have been much, much easier during my build. I commend you for taking the time combing through threads to find them all, it must have been a lot of work. Especially when most of the threads don't have the word "coffin" in the thread names to make your searches easier.

There are hundreds collar keezers and kegerator builds out there, so I think it is pretty cool to have a thread devoted to coffin keezers. Coffin keezers offer so much more design and style options, not to mention extra engineering to accommodate insulating and cooling the coffin....but then again, I may be a little biased. ;) What a great resource you have create for yourself and those who wish to follow in all of our footsteps with unique coffin keezer builds.

Great job and I can't wait to continue to follow this thread as new coffin keezers are added. I love going onto each and every thread looking for ways to improve upon my design and equipment. I continue to be impressed by the creative designs and craftmanship that people put into building these things. Keep the thread updated for all to follow! :mug:

Very nice compilation. Even though I ended up building a pass through tower for mine, most of my inspiration came from the coffin box keezers I saw on here.

Awesome post, this was actually going to be my next project. At least whenever I get around to it

This is the best...thanks for putting this all together. Will definitely help when I start building mine towards the end of the year.

We're up to 30! I updated the list for 4 new keezers and one "old" keezer that had escaped my notice. Let me know of any ones that I missed or any updates to photos.

I'm still working on mine, but I'm gonna wait until its done to list it up here.

Jeebas said:
We're up to 30! I updated the list for 4 new keezers and one "old" keezer that had escaped my notice. Let me know of any ones that I missed or any updates to photos.

I'm still working on mine, but I'm gonna wait until its done to list it up here.

Thank you for listing mine up there...I feel honored :) :mug:

Great resource -- This is on my agenda (given my work/wife/kids schedule, it might be the "5-Year Plan" at this point!), and definitely something I'll be coming back to when I need to get my exact plan worked out...

An idea for those of you still planning/working on yours -- below the taps & light on the backsplash, a lot of folks have done tile or other patterned material. I'm thinking of doing a mirror with my brewery logo. Maybe one of you guys can beat me to it :)

Edit: I second the motion to make this a sticky.

Stoneman - https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/beer-tap-120619/
January92010147.jpg

Just added 7 more! We're up to 42! I'm starting to think that I'm not gonna get mine done before we reach 50... Ordering my taps today or tomorrow... not sure on my paneling and coffin design yet though. I keep getting more ideas from all of the different builds!

cimirie - Got your PM and added yours. I guess my basic rule of thumb has been something that looks like a coffin / or where the taps are above the lid opening.

jetlink1983 - I'm really digging the frosted glass!

bwarbiany - The mirror on the backsplash does sound like a good idea!

stoneman - thanks for the info on yours, I enjoy seeing designs that are not "taps on center"

I just chronologically reordered the list as well.

Get busy Jeebas!!!!!

Hey when you get a chance, could you swap out my keezer pic for my most recent one. I added a 4th tap and made some custom cedar branch tap handles. Thanks man....looking forward to your build! :mug:

Hey Jeebas,

I just wanted to let you know that this page was the single most important part to my build. I loved having the finished pics of all the coffin keezers with links available! I would love for you and/or anyone looking into building a keezer to follow my build and help me along the way. I pay tribute to most of the influences in my first post!

Heres the link... "Keezer 5ive"

Hopefully when it's finished it can be added to your growing Coffin Keezer List thread!:rockin:

Yes thank you for this. I've been searching for a few days off an on and only found half of these.

Oh wow.. I gotta get you a better picture to post on here. I cant have that blurry mess with wires hanging out and stuff around it being the one to represent this thread.. lol. I will get that taken care of this weekend. :)

Oh wow.. I gotta get you a better picture to post on here. I cant have that blurry mess with wires hanging out and stuff around it being the one to represent this thread.. lol. I will get that taken care of this weekend. :)

yeah just PM me and let me know. There's no method to the photo that I pick, its normally just the first one that I see of a finished product on the thread.

I'm feeling left out.

I guess I should make a build thread and post up pictures of mine. Hopefully, I can get entered into the Jeebas Coffin Keezer hall of fame.

I'm feeling left out.

I guess I should make a build thread and post up pictures of mine. Hopefully, I can get entered into the Jeebas Coffin Keezer hall of fame.

lol. Its not like that, I just look through the DIY Projects threads every week or so and try to find new build threads. I also look through the "Show us your Kegerator" thread and post whatever ones I find there - some of them don't have build threads.

I finally managed to get through all of this and between that and looking at new builds I found 20 "new" coffin keezers! That brings the "total" to 64! I have also got my eye on about 6 more coffin keezer builds that are in progress. Hopefully this is the last time that I will have to do any reordering of the list.

Back