Made the Plunge...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezemm

Reaction score
After bottling my last batch, my wife and I looked at one another and sighed...about a week later, the order went in for my 2 keg system:ban:

I do not have a fridge yet, but wanted to get some advice about kegging. I plan to get a new batch started soon and may or may not have the fridge ready. Is there any harm in learning the keg process through throwing in some priming sugar, purging headspace and then leaving like I do in the bottle for a couple of weeks until I find my Danby 4.4?

I think the name of the kegerator has been picked as, "It's a kegstrocity!":tank:

No problem at all, just put in 1/2 the sugar you would if you were bottle conditioning. When you get your fridge, put the keg in there and let it sit for a couple of days to cool & settle. Your first couple of pours will have some sediment, but as long as the keg is not disturbed it will clear up.

Back