Apfelwein, first batch.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bender

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had some spare time today so I swung by the homebrew store at lunch and Shoprite on the way home. My first 5 gallons of Apfenwein are in the carboy.

Thanks. I'm like a nervous father waiting for the first bubbles. I normally get the yeast going in a starter batch the night before. This was a whim so I just threw it together.

I just saw your Youtube Apfelwein on tap video. My mouth is watering.

Day two and it's bubbling away.

apfelweinrl0.jpg
apfelwein1nk0.jpg

It's nice and clear now. I have to bottle this weekend. I sampled the stuff I made in 1 gal containers. Surprisingly dry considering the OG was 1.060 I wonder how it will age.

Bender said:
It's nice and clear now. I have to bottle this weekend. I sampled the stuff I made in 1 gal containers. Surprisingly dry considering the OG was 1.060 I wonder how it will age.

So much for bottling that weekend. I finally did it tonight. It's very dry and needs aging, but there was a hint of carbonation and it's very clear. I have high hopes for this.

I think I'll crank out some of that apple pie cider next.

Back