• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Custom built steel single tier brew stand - Kansas City - $450

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsandswine

Reaction score
Up for sale is my custom built single tier brew stand I had welded up from mild steel. I had plans to use it for a complex HERMS setup, but it could just as easily be used as a simple two burner brew stand as well.

Here is the thread I used to base my design from (an excellent thread, big props to the OP).

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/brewery-build-single-tier-herms-148556/

The frame is 2x2" mild steel, this thing is STRONG - you could probably park a car on top of it. I had a professional welder do all the welding work, and he did a good job. It comes with the three kegs pictured, which can be converted to the brewing vessels. They are still unmodified, as I wasn't sure what direction I was going to go with it. The heat shields are pre drilled to be used with Banjo Burners, but could be setup to work with just about any burner. The burners can be raised and lowered by turning the bolts. The frames the kettles attach to tilt forward for easy cleanout.

I'm asking $450, but I'm willing to work with reasonable offers. I need it out of my garage. I am going back to school and just don't have time to finish the project (or brew much, unfortunately). I have a good deal more money in this setup than I'm asking, so whoever buys it has a great foundation to get their single tier setup up and running easily and for less money. My brother does custom painting, and could spray this stand any color you'd like for the cost of supplies, if you wanted.

I'm in Kansas City, MO.

Pics (the orange/brown isn't rust, it's primer).

P1000137.jpg

P1000133.jpg

P1000138.jpg

A good deal when you include the kegs with it. I think it would look perfect with a camouflage paint scheme. It looks like it needs parked next to an M1 tank with that 2" steel!

I'd like to buy it, but it's out of my price range for what I have to spend building a stand. I don't want to offend you with a lowball offer, so if it doesn't sell and you get desperate to get rid of it, let me know.

Out of curiousity, what do you guess it weighs? Is it easy to move?

Would you ship it if I was interested? Would you drive halfway?

I don't have a truck, but might be able to arrange something locally. Indiana is too far to drive, for what I'm asking, even if it's halfway.

I might be willing to ship at buyer's expense, but I have no idea how to ship something like this.

Hey if still available I am very interested, please call my cell 219-707-7306 or write me an email Neverbeli at msn
will come pick up, we are near indiana. We need the kegs too please consider including kegs.
thanks
Tom

do you still have this. I am in Wichita and would drive up to get it if the price is right . I will pm you also.

Latest posts

Back