Where's the video of the guy who sanitizes inside his gloves?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerDoc

Reaction score
Anyone remember that video? He turns his gloves inside-out and soaks them in Star-San. I think most of his video is spent sanitizing instead of brewing. I can't find it anywhere. I know he posted here a few times (he still might).

probably takesomeadvice on youtube.

he went all Howard Hughes germophobe (masks, breast pumps, skin lotion, dusk spotting) with his all grain series .

edit: i think most of the worst stuff was his yeast starter series.

You don't have a Starsan misting station over your brewing area?!?

In Chris Whites Yeast book he talks about having a open flame near your work station to create an upward draft of hot air which will propel any contaminants upward with it away from your work. So instead of Starsan misting you could just light a hundred candles around your carboys while you rack....

That would actually make a pretty cool picture now that I think about it...with a long lab coat on....looking crazy in the dim light....eventually bursting into flames....

Yup. Open flames around the fermenters,lab coat,wild look in your eye. And The Crazy World of Arthur Brown's "Fire" playing loudly.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy is either a psycho or he's putting us on. I think it's the second one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha. I'm glad someone reminds us all of that tool every once in a while. It's too perfect to be fake. He'd have to be a comedic genius to pull of something so absurd.

Any one else notice he sanitized every but the breath pump. If he is so anal why didn't he do that.

Thanks a lot guys, I think I might actually be dumber after watching some of that crap.
This idiot gives all homebrewers a bad name.

So, if you have to ask for permission, Okay?, then you probably don't really know what you're talking about. Right? Okay? You know? So I must be a pro then. Right? Okay? Let's setup a camera. Okay? And video tape ourselves putting our heads, okay?, up our a$$es. Right? That way everyone, okay?, will know that we're a jerky djck. Right? Okay? :cross:

In all seriousness, E+ for effort.

The "technique" of taking the cap off the growler and putting foil on is absolutely epic. You'd think he was disarming a bomb or something.

Nothing got in, I can see all the dust. I can see all the dust.

BWAHHHHAHAHA. epic.

This guy is either a psycho or he's putting us on. I think it's the second one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJocMX7Ex-Y&feature=relmfu

I don't know if that guy's a member here or not, but that video scares the hell out of me. If I thought that's how it goes in this hobby, I would stick to 5L kegs of Heineken and Newcastle for my BeerTender.

I'll be bottling my first batch and helping a cousin brew his first batch this weekend. In my first experience, I probably went a bit over board with the Star-san (I have a small spritzer too), but I keep telling myself to not worry and just learn from any mistakes I make. This place and the NB forums have been a huge relief when I have hit snags.

He used to be on here under another name,but he got das boot for being unreasonable & argumentative. Couldn't be his process....nah just can't be that...

Thanks a lot guys, I think I might actually be dumber after watching some of that crap.
This idiot gives all homebrewers a bad name.

You know the ironic part? John Palmer is a cool guy and will appear on podcasts and brewing shows whenever he can.

THAT guy had John Palmer on his show. Seriously. And Jamil Z got into some of it with the comments and such. It got really ugly, with the nasty comments on the video (not about John!) and it was a big cluster.

That guy is without a doubt the most annoying person on the internet. I just found one of his videos last week and I wanted to smash my macbook.

okay.... you don't know..... okay..... okay.... you don't know......

His obsession with lacing and head is disturbing. He stole that audio of John podcast to make it like it was interviewing him... Creepy..

If that's the case, I'm surprised John (or whoever owns that podcast) has not reported it to YT.

I guess every message board has their share of the loony people out there.

john Palmer did do the interview, even john says he did it on the brewing network podcast.

he got a call, he had the time, he did the interview. he had no idea at the time he was dealing with a whackaloon.

john Palmer did do the interview, even john says he did it on the brewing network podcast.

he got a call, he had the time, he did the interview. he had no idea at the time he was dealing with a whackaloon.

Right! John DID do it. He's very amenable to doing things like that. He regretted it, but he said he watched a portion of a video and didn't realize the guy was a nut job.

The weird part is all the "deleted" comments on the youtube comment area were mostly from Jamil Zainasheff. Jamil has since deleted, but it got heated. Very very weird stuff.

Latest posts

Back