Using active, fermenting wine to restart stuck batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trich

Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon batch of peach wine that I split into two 6 gallon primaries. I put half of the ingredients in each primary, so I wouldn't have a very full primary with the pulp, and a gallon jug or two with liquid not in contact with the pulp. One of my fermenters has stuck, the other still fermenting. I do not have another package of champagne pasteur yeast, so I was wondering if I could draw some liquid from my other fermenter, and add it to the stuck fermenter. Any thoughts? My only other option as of now is to use a cotes de blancs yeast that I have.

It's not a mead, so I don't know how relative this is but be careful of stressing your yeast. It might cause off-flavours.

I am in same boat with my blackberry wine have 12 gal that is stuck...Here is what I did. Added some other blackberry wine that was fermentaing, with no luck. Now this AM took 1/2 gal of stuck must from each carboy..added packet of EC-118 yeast and some yeast engerizier...once it gets going will add back into carboys..If this does not work then I am screwed....

Back