What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Friday Night!!
it's the weekend!! :mug:

Okay. So, I am gonna show the last two nights of our variety of beer...
I like to take pictures...
it makes the story more exciting!!

Okay, so Thursday night.... We had a Texas Beer.... A lot of Texas Beer.... Can you tell we are from Texas!?! :rockin:

IMG_8387.jpg

in the mix of all of that... We also tried OUR FIRST BOCK BREW KIT that we brewed back at the beginning of June!! Now, look... it's only been bottled for 2 weeks & 1 day (at this point...) We wanted to test one out... but you definitely can't have one without having the other now, can you... ;)

After2WeeksBeingBottled.jpg

IMG_8388.jpg

IMG_8392.jpg

Tonight... we are trying a couple of new beers so that we can collect bottles for our next brew.... our Belgian Triple!!

IMG_8426.jpg

:mug::mug: CHEERS, EVERYONE!! :mug::mug:

Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA. This is the last of the store bought beer I'll be buying for awhile. My first 5 gallon batch will be ready next Friday and I have another 5 gallon batch of Velvet Rooster in Primary.

- Destin

sillbeer said:
Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA. This is the last of the store bought beer I'll be buying for awhile. My first 5 gallon batch will be ready next Friday and I have another 5 gallon batch of Velvet Rooster in Primary.

- Destin

I still buy store beer for inspiration and brew planning. I like the simcoe version of deconstructed pretty well.

ASassyBeerChick83 said:
Happy Friday Night!!
it's the weekend!! :mug:

Okay. So, I am gonna show the last two nights of our variety of beer...
I like to take pictures...
it makes the story more exciting!!

Okay, so Thursday night.... We had a Texas Beer.... A lot of Texas Beer.... Can you tell we are from Texas!?! :rockin:

in the mix of all of that... We also tried OUR FIRST BOCK BREW KIT that we brewed back at the beginning of June!! Now, look... it's only been bottled for 2 weeks & 1 day (at this point...) We wanted to test one out... but you definitely can't have one without having the other now, can you... ;)

Tonight... we are trying a couple of new beers so that we can collect bottles for our next brew.... our Belgian Triple!!

:mug::mug: CHEERS, EVERYONE!! :mug::mug:

How was the prickly pear?

Drinking a Vodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale for breakfast! After eggs and toast, asked wife if she wanted a breakfast beer, and she replied positively. However, it looks like I'll be drinking the whole bottle, less the one sip she took.

usfmikeb said:
Drinking a Vodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale for breakfast! After eggs and toast, asked wife if she wanted a breakfast beer, and she replied positively. However, it looks like I'll be drinking the whole bottle, less the one sip she took.

I tried that for the first time the other day. Never again. But I guess if anything it'd be alright with breakfast.

usfmikeb said:

I'm not sure what that beer is, but it sounds amazing!

usfmikeb said:
How was the prickly pear?

We love it! Actually, the hubby & I drink it first out of the Shiner Family Pack ;)
It's so nice being so hot here.. Nice & Refreshing. :)
You should try it!!

ASassyBeerChick83 said:
We love it! Actually, the hubby & I drink it first out of the Shiner Family Pack ;)
It's so nice being so hot here.. Nice & Refreshing. :)
You should try it!!

Can't get it here, but have a box of prickly pear on the way, and will make some.

Gordon Biersch IPB, huge earthiness, garlic like aroma, fruity taste, and a big bitter kick. Just a sip on a break.

Old poet oatmeal stout from new holland brewery in good ole holland Michigan, since the boat is broken we are landlocked today so I also mixed up a 6 gallon batch of Riesling for the wife. I am also chomping at the bit to start bottling a batch of amber ale that is so close to being ready and the aroma is simply awesome

I'm not sure what that beer is, but it sounds amazing!

It tastes like pancakes and bacon/sausage smothered in syrup. Alright at first, very sweet, but I thought the aftertaste was pretty nasty.

That, and it's a total palate wrecker. I had a few beers after having just a small taste of it, and everything still tasted like maple syrup.

Drinking my Amarillo/Centennial IPA while making starters for tomorrow's double header.

Well shucks. Since I've just started brewing, I bought some pilsner urquell;) can't wait to know what I'm doing enough to make great beer like this.

In order so far tonight:
Frankenmuth Brewery Batch 69 IPA
Brooklyn Brewery East India Pale Ale
Anchor Brewing Anchor Steam
Homebrew IPA

On my 3rd (and last) Ranger IPA while my Arrogant Bastard clone finishes fermenting. I don't care what anyone says but Ranger is a damn good beer. I'd clone it but it's so cheap, why bother?

Hop Devil. YUM

Been chillin one of those,almost had one tonight.Cant wait. I got a DFH 120 min ipa been chillin that ive never had yet also.It was probably the most $ i paid per oz of beer 13 bucks for 12 oz bottle.:0

Having a Two brothers Bare Tree Weisswine. :mug: Had some 2011 Clown shoes eagle claw fist earlier-didnt age too well (store-shelf bought). Pretty good brewery though otherwise - i like most of their stuff.

usfmikeb said:
Can't get it here, but have a box of prickly pear on the way, and will make some.

How do you get it shipped to you? Just order a case of it & have it delivered to your house?
I want to make a beer with a hint of fruit flavoring but not too much so that it is over powering.. Ya know? You'll have to let me know when you brew that batch so that I can follow that thread!! :)

Back