Stone-Victory-Dogfish Head / Saison du Buff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunnright00

Reaction score
So, who has tried it? I picked up two of the Stone version so I could try one now, and compare the other with the other brewery's versions when they come out.

Drinking it now....

Spicy, Bold. I think I love/hate it. I'll come back when I'm done....

So, no one's tried this? Or not worth reviewing?

Definitely a different kind of beer with the spices. Interesting, but not something I would get regularly.

I've got a bottle in the fridge right now, not sure when we're going to get around to drinking it though.

i had it, its interesting. I dont think i could drink a lot of it. But i enjoyed what i had. Very "spicy/herby". Dry taste. very effervescent.

I'm interested in trying it. I'm waiting to pick it up at the DFH brewery when they release it. DFH just brewed their version this past Sunday said it should be ready in August.

i tried it. it's interesting. it's not my favorite but I think it would go great with a rack of lamb.

Bought 3 of them tonight. I found it to be much less herbal than I was expecting. I could drink quite a bit of this stuff. It went down pretty quickly in today's heat.

Bought 3 of them tonight. I found it to be much less herbal than I was expecting. I could drink quite a bit of this stuff. It went down pretty quickly in today's heat.

Yup, i REALLY enjoyed this one. The herbs were alot more apparent in the nose than in the flavor.

I actually really enjoyed this too and I am typically not a fan of Saisons. Leave it to Stone to brew one that I like. Anyone attempted to clone this one yet? I'd love to brew it right now due to the heat.

I like it but the spices are a little bit much for me.

I've got two more in the fridge to share with buddy.

I actually really enjoyed this too and I am typically not a fan of Saisons. Leave it to Stone to brew one that I like. Anyone attempted to clone this one yet? I'd love to brew it right now due to the heat.

Came up with a recipe, but I haven't brewed it yet. I really do like it.

My first sip took me off guard. I wasn't expecting that spicy hit right off the start. The taste really mellowed out after the first sip, and I really enjoyed it. Definitely something different and unique, and I was thinking about trying to make something like it.

I was just searching for a recipe and found this thread... looks like songstre was doing something similar!

I like it but the spices are a little bit much for me.

I've got two more in the fridge to share with buddy.

So, I had another one of these the other day and the spices were way more mellow.
If you like the spiciness, don't let it age. I can't wait to try the Victory and the DFH versions.

I'm visiting London, England at the moment and last weekend I got my hands on the Stone version. I love it :D

I like hoppy beers and I do think the ingredients were very interesting.

I'd be very interested in the other 2 version as well. But alas, the beer isn't available at all in the Netherlands(where I'm from) so I'm afraid it'll be the one off experience.

I'd rate this beer a 7,5 out of 10 :)

Came up with a recipe, but I haven't brewed it yet. I really do like it.

Have you tried the recipe yet? I really liked this one a lot (tried the Dogfish head one) and want to do one this coming spring/summer. It really is a great beer for hot weather

I tried this beer at the DFH brewpub in Rehoboth and initially I thought it was pretty good. Upon my server returning and asking how I liked it, he mentioned how similar it tastes to a salad..that kind of ruined it for me because the next sip I took, I realized it was like drinking a salad. While I do like it, I can't drink a lot of it without associating it with salad.

Have you tried the recipe yet? I really liked this one a lot (tried the Dogfish head one) and want to do one this coming spring/summer. It really is a great beer for hot weather

I have not. My herbs have gone to **** for the season, so it'll have to wait till spring. I suppose I could buy some herbs...but that's no fun.

i've tried all three and i like the stone the best. a bit hoppier. i bought six or so of each and gave the rest away to buddies. all of them thought it was good but not something you could drink four of at once.

Just cracked the one by Victory. I love the herbal tones. Rosemary being
the dominent one with a citrusy/pepper in the backround. I deffinately want
to brew this. The saison I brewed this summer was to dark & heavy in corriander/
paradise seed.

I've had them all separate and have 4 sets in the cellar. I'm going to break out a vertical (if you can call it that) in the next three weeks to do a side-by side- by side.

Just cracked the Stone version today, and also have a DFH one. It was way different than anything I have had. After a few sips, I stuffed it in the 'fridge to save it to drink with the pizza I had on the grill...

Gotta' say it ROCKS with pizza! I love Belgians and pizza anyway, but the herbal notes really got the pizza tasting nice. Aging gives this beer a muscat grape aroma.

Back