Vintage beer auction at Liquid Solutions. May 11th

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomme's gonna be pissed ;)

Then again....maybe not:
http://liquidsolutions.blogspot.com/
All proceeds going to Parkinson's Resources of Oregon, the local affiliate chapter of the National Parkinson Foundation, this in memory of friend and famed beer and Scotch author Michael Jackson. Many breweries and private collectors graciously donated the beers for this worthy cause.

Why does the bottle of Westy have a label? I want the lost Abbey beers. There shipping prices are insane. I was gonna order a few styles I can not get around here and shipping alone was gonna be 60 bucks.

Man, there is some pretty cool stuff going up....:ban:

Tomme's gonna be pissed ;)
Then again....maybe not:
http://liquidsolutions.blogspot.com/
All proceeds going to Parkinson's Resources of Oregon, the local affiliate chapter of the National Parkinson Foundation, this in memory of friend and famed beer and Scotch author Michael Jackson. Many breweries and private collectors graciously donated the beers for this worthy cause.

Yeah ;), there was an uproar over at BA.com today about it. I think someone was trying to contact Liquid Solutions to have the charity info more prevelantly displayed on the website.

Why does the bottle of Westy have a label?

I was thinking the same thing...Westy's shouldn't have labels.

Tomme Arthur, what a drama queen.

Also, besides being for a great cause, in this auction, you are clearly bidding on the beer and not just a container of "incidental liquid".

The label is there 'cause D&V imported and resold it in the US for a period of time:

The label thumb to the left (click on it to see a higher resolution, bigger version) is from a bottle of Westvleteren 12o imported into the USA, where it is illegal to sell beer without labels, although it is known that a number of importers do flaunt the law in this regard with the Westvleteren beers. Note that, as is the norm in the USA, this "unofficial" label on an unofficial, but innocently done import does not declare the beer's strength, although this will be given on the crown top put on at the brewery, in Westvleteren, as above. The importer's name on it, is D & V International Inc., Palm Spring Gardens, Florida (www.specialtybeer.com), which is run by Darius Debski. Many thanks to Glenn Burnett for permission to feature this label on this Web page. It is pasted from his excellent website featuring his beer adventures in Belgium: www.callzia.com.

http://www.whitebeertravels.co.uk/sixtus.html

The prices those beers went for was CRAZY. Once again, I love great rare beer, but when you're getting into a per bottle price on par with great classified growth Bordeaux my money is going to the wine. Sorry.

Back