Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theron_Jon

Reaction score
There looks like some kind of mold growing below my airlock. What should I do?

image-3932860532.jpg

Kind of looks like its the nasties from the yeast. Is it a beige cream color? Did u just finish a bubbly ferment?

How long until you switch it to your secondary/bottling? If you're carful with your siphon, you should be fine. I can't tell whether it's mold or not. More information would help.

It did recently stop bubbling but it never foamed up that high. It's a white cream color no brown or black spots. It's a JAOM so i hadn't planned on racking into a secondary but if you think it will save the mead then I will.

image-3002817564.jpg

image-880932957.jpg

It's probably yeast culture. I would leave it alone, with a JAOM you just need to put this in a dark warm place and come back 3 months later. Don't worry the JAOM will not steer you wrong as long as you followed directions.

Looks like yeast or krausen. If you are that worried about it you could wipe it out with a papertowel soaked in starsan.

I had some of that in the neck of my JAOM as well and it formed where some yeast had stuck.

Latest posts

Back