PID Question, What To Look For?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erbe

Reaction score
Ready to build my Electric Brewing Controls, looking at all PIDs out there is there certain ones "Make, Model To Look For?
I am using 15 gal kettles, do I go 30 amp 4500 watt or 50 amp 5500 watt elements?
What is the common sized DIN rails that you use? 1/3 or 1/2 cuts?

Thanks for your help :D

Ready to build my Electric Brewing Controls, looking at all PIDs out there is there certain ones "Make, Model To Look For?
I strongly suggest that you choose your PID from Auber Instruments

Depending on your desired control functions, this PID SYL-2352 will help you in most situations.

A lot of the people on this forum use PIDs from them so guidance and assistance is a lot easier than most other. An added piece is that most all of the diagrams that I have made utilize the Auber Instruments products. (I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I just respect them and really like their products and support.)

Just saying.

P-J

Also, if you can work with only one element firing at a time, you can use a 5500w element on a 30a circuit.

Stick with Auber for the reasons P-J listed. Also, there was just a post about cheap eBay components being counterfits, so more reason to avoid the cheaper options. Auber isn't that expensive in the big picture and you'll be happy with the product. Don't bother with the timer-integrated model - I wish I hadn't...

Back