Beer Drinking Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JillC25

Reaction score
My black lab loves beer. He is always in the kitchen on brew day licking up the spills & trying to lap at the bottling spigot. He growls at the bubbles when I use the blow off tube for primary fermentation. It can get a little frustrating bc I get paranoid about sanitation- but at least I know someone likes my brew ;)

I give him about 3/4 cup when I do my hydrometer readings. He sneezes a lot after he drinks it and shakes his head like he's drying off. Anyone else's dog do that?

He's definetly my brew buddy. Here he is hiking the Appalachain Trail- Quint:

Quint.gif

My male pup loves beer. He even knows what to look for in a container--ignores Coke, but recognizes Budweiser. Figure that out.

The female has only minor interest. Go figure.

Both my dogs love beer and sneeze after as well. Always want seconds though...

Back when my dog was still a pup we caught him at a party going around and drinking out of everyones beers. We were outside shooting horseshoes and when some one would set down their beer he would wander over and stick his head in :) I used to take him with me to the firehouse back when we still had draft beer and he would sit up on the barstool and drink out of cup off the bar. He's alot older now so he doesn't get out much but his new hobby is trailing the grandson to see what hits the floor.

2nd Street Brewery said:
his new hobby is trailing the grandson to see what hits the floor.

He's only being conscientious - he's gotta clean up those crumbs before they get stamped in and make a mess! ;)

Out of the 3 dogs in my household only 1 is a 'boozehound' and he sneezes too after he has beer!

i wonder why dogs sneeze when they drink beer.

2nd street- great stories. A dog sitting on a barstool drinking beer... that's a sight.

One of my dogs is now tee total after getting its self and me banned from the local pub.

It likes a beer so I used to poor a little guiness in an ashtray for it. The only problem was while I was playing pool others used to do the same with out me knowing.
The dog took to going up to guiness drinkers and begging. One of them was not a doggy person so it kicked my dog. Now I think my dog had one ore two too many because it bit him.

We got banned and my other dog is too young to drink.

Sounds like a good remedy to me ..a hair from the A-h*** who kick you.
Hope he got to the bone too!

Once had a female that loved beer. She'd drink all I'd let her have. She's passed on, and I hope, for both of us, that they have beer in Heaven. I now have a 25 year old horse that is the biggest ( literally ) lush I've ever met. I once gave him a six-pack of warm Miller Lite. He kinda got to looking at me funny. Had to cut him off. I don't want a 1000 lb. drunk anything in my yard ! Had a billy-goat who really liked bourbon and Coke. Found out he liked straight bourbon, too ! That's a story for another time, maybe another site... :drunk:

Have a 6 year old chocolab that LOVES the beer-canned, bottled, kegged...it doesn't matter. I have a <3 year old female chocolab that likes beer, but is not ravenous about it like her older brother (same parents, different litter)...Older likes nothing better than being out in the winter with me clearing the driveway and drinking beer. He really likes Bass, IPAs, and I am almost ashamed to admit, Bud Light. I don't drink Wine, and rarely drink liquor (I do like Sapphire and Tonics 2xlime), and would not give him those, so he only gets beer. Once I get my money in, I'll post their mugs.

orfy said:
One of them was not a doggy person so it kicked my dog. Now I think my dog had one ore two too many because it bit him.

Anyone who kicks a dog has issues that makes him unfit for polite company. I would have kicked his f'n a$$ if he laid a finger on my - or any - dog in anger. There are times when giving someone's forehead the business end of a glass bottle is completely acceptable, and this is a perfect example.

Your dog was doing nothing but being nice, and some jjerk-off kicks him? Give your dog a treat and a scratch behind the ears for me and point out the loser who kicked him - I'm drunk and roudy right now.

I used to have a pet rabbit when I lived in the dorms. She would knock over beers placed on the floor and lap up the nectar. That rabbit LOVED beer...it was a dorm-floor joke. Whenever we'd play a$$hol3, the person to keep Bunny on his/her lap was sure to lose - quite the opposite of what you'd expect when rubbing 4 rabbits feet.

Cheesefood said:
Anyone who kicks a dog has issues that makes him unfit for polite company. I would have kicked his f'n a$$ if he laid a finger on my - or any - dog in anger. There are times when giving someone's forehead the business end of a glass bottle is completely acceptable, and this is a perfect example.

I agree, anyone ever kicks my dog, if he doesn't bite him, I will. :mad:

One of my daughters friends tried that once when he didn't think anyone was looking(the dog never liked him and since I trust my dogs taste in people neither did I), I walked into the room behind him right when he took a swing and Bambino. The kid went off the porch into the front yard without touching one of the steps one the way.

I have 2 dogs who are herded by our one cat. At our housewarming my former landlord's 8 year old rallied the 3 other kids at the party to corner the cat in the den.

The kid came running up the stairs crying to his dad: "the kitty scratched me" and for a split second I thought the party would hit the skids. Paul said "when you pull a cat's tail he might bite. My advice: leave the cat be." Then he looked away from his kid and went right back to the covnersation he was having.

I love a parent who takes a practical bent on things instead of babying their kid every time they get an owie.

Back