Addtion to fermented wort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelanderson47

Reaction score
*Sorry did not know where to post this so please moderator relocate if needed*

I have recently brewed an IPA and feel it will be kind of weak as there wasn't much boil time with the hops, so i was wondering can i boil up some hops with water and add to fermented wort and let sit for another week?

brewed 1/26 stopped fermenting Tuesday/Wednesday.

sorry for newbie question

thanks in advance for any info/feedback

cheeers

Joel

1 OZ OK Pilgrim (Pellet) boiled for 45 Min

2 OZ Cascade (Pellet) at last 4 min of boil

those were from recipe

on my own accord i added 1/2 OZ of Simcoe (pellet) right in the middle of that 45 min boil
and also dry hopped 1 1/2 OZ simcoe (Pellet)

I have about 3/4 OZ Whole leaf or cone (I think they are same) was thinking of boiling that and adding to wort.

I am a Huge hop head and love big hoppy bitter IPA's

thanks again.

joelanderson47 said:
i believe you meant while brewing originally right?

Yeah. What kind of beer is it? I think your best bet is to add another ounce or two to the dry hop and try more hops in the boil next time.

Yeah. What kind of beer is it? I think your best bet is to add another ounce or two to the dry hop and try more hops in the boil next time.

would it ruin beer if i boiled hops and added to beer?

or just not a safe call?

thanks

It is more of a question of hop utilization than being safe or not. If It were my situation (been there, done that, no t shirt) I would dry hop with what you have this time around. It is a learning procedure. I'm sure it will be quite drinkable.

It is more of a question of hop utilization than being safe or not. If It were my situation (been there, done that, no t shirt) I would dry hop with what you have this time around. It is a learning procedure. I'm sure it will be quite drinkable.

Thank you
will let yall know outcome!

Cheers!

Beer turned out great. Very good simcoe aroma.

Not too bitter but delicious.

It's almost like a light heady topper.

But missing something maybe citra hops.

Thanks for everybody's help!!!

Cheers!

Second one is fully carbed

And 3 feet of snow!!!

image-955462162.jpg

image-2445366390.jpg

Back