Propane Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you just replacing the burner component in an existing burner? If not then you need to buy a full burner. The whole Bayou classic series is affordable. I think I have the SP10 and it works great for me.

yeah man, you need the whole stove unless you're building a stand or something. I like this one a bit better than the round base that is associated with the burner you posted.

ah I see, stand it is.

I know that Brew magic stands use an almost identical burner to the one you posted. You'll also need a gas line, black pipe to plumb (optional I guess) and a regulator.

edit-

I feel like I need to share that I was a little frustrated with that burner a couple years ago...I'm sure others have had wild success with them though.

I see some information that BTU is determined by the regulator. I would think it would be determined by both, but have not thought about it.

BTUs are a maximum possible rating. So you need to keep in mind that between the regulator and burner you'll get the lesser of the two ratings.

I have three of those BG10's on my stand, along with the high pressure regs pictured below on the Amazon page. They work well, but are pretty loud. They also mount via a single screw at the bottom, which is handy I suppose, but most other banjo-style burners mount via 4 screws around the edge of the burner. Just something to keep in mind when you build your stand.

Sláinte!

Back