Polysulfone Connectors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickrjason

Reaction score
I am in the process of getting a new march pump. I am looking into these connectors and would like to hear from anyone if they use them and how they work for them.

I was looking at them too, but for the same price or cheaper you can get 316 grade stainless steel camlock disconnects. I think I'm going with camlocks

where are you looking at those for those prices? i was also looking at the blichman quick connects. Just trying to hear from people who use them and weather or not they have problems with them. I am assuming since northern brewer sells them they can't be all that bad.

Why? Because some people are impatient and cross thread them? I have camlocks on my pump and have had zero issues.

same here, no problems at all. but i have not tried to take them off either. I used a SS coupling first so if i have to change the camlock for any reason i don't have to unscrew anything off the pump head.

Polysulphone connectors do not hold up to heat and require lubricating to keep the o-rings working properly.
I do not recommend them.
As for SS on a pump? We use them all the time:
P1040245.jpg

P1040243.jpg

Note the rotation of the head, this will eliminate the majority of priming issues.

not a good idea to use ss connectors on a plastic end.

that is only true if you dont know what you are doing and use too much torque when tightening the connection. if you dont over-torque or crossthread plastic, its no different from metal.

i originally found some polysulphone camlocks and added a couple to an order i was placing with grainger. they were only slightly cheaper than steel camlocks, and the construction and durability of those was no where near what steel camlocks are. i dont use them for anything. if i ever need a non-food grade, low temperature quick disconnect, i would still think twice about using them as they didnt seal very well. go with stainless the first time. its worth the extra few cents.

Ok so strike the plastic connectors. going with stainless i am assuming 1/2 inch. Those of you that use a single pump setup what is a good layout/design? I have a keggle for my boil vessel and an immersion chiller. I need to get the shopping list together. I want to use it for both whirlpool chilling and transferring.

Back