picking a program. HLP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchuklobrau

Reaction score
looking 2 get a brewing program not sure which way 2 go. So ill post what i want 2 accomplish and hopefully someonce can steer me in the right direction. I need to take a known 5gal recipe break it down to a 1gal batch. make radical flavor changes then convert the new 1gal changes into a 5+ gal recipe. are any capable of this?

You are going to have to be a bit more specific...

Most software will help you to scale batches. As for making radical flavor changes...how are you hoping the software will help you do this?

was told beer smith had troubles doing small batches.. as far as changes my buddy has an idea for a pepercorn saison. would suck 2 brew 5 gal of crap so was hoping 2 creat a 1 gal batch and have program up everything when we perfect it so our math is not off in respect 2 a 5gal batch

so basically ur saying most should be able to break a 5gal recipe into a 1gal recipe and vice versa?

I can't imagine why beersmith would have trouble with small batches, as the calculations are pretty trivial. I've certainly not heard anything along those lines, though I've never tried myself.

i could see an issue in taking a commercial brewery's 90000 bbl recipe and just direct-scaling down to 2 gallons

but if you have a 5g recipe, scaling to 2 should be easy.

Back