• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

10 Gallon Brutus 20, ELECTRIC, WIRELESS CAPABLE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willynilly

Reaction score
Offered is my latest creation, a 100% stainless steel Brutus 20 based on Blichmann Boilermakers and utilizing the BCS 460 control interface. The control box also houses a wireless bridge so that you can control/monitor your brewing system from anywhere with internet access.

Price $5000

Compare to the BrewMagic with RIMS capability at $7000. This system is the most powerful (look at the heating times) HBing system I have seen in my 6 years AG brewing. There is nothing out there commercially with this sort of power, and I have seen nothing built by another HBer with it either.

System Specifications:
(2) 15 gallon Blichman Boilermakers (MLT and BK)
(1) AutoSparge (MLT)
(1) Button False Bottom (MLT)
(1) 304 SS 16ga TIG Welded Stand (48"L x 24"D x 25"H)
(1) 9000W Double Barrel RIMS heater, with drain (capable of heating 10 gallons from 60F to 165F in 18 minutes!)
(1) 9000W (13 gallons from SPARGE temp. to BOIL in 10 minutes!)
(4) 250lb Capacity Casters, (2) with top brakes
Tri Clamp Fittings
50' x 1/2" SS Chiller Mounted in BK with TriClamp Fittings for easy removal
1/2" BK Recirculation Port
All Ball valves are 304 SS 3pc. Ball Valves
LG 3-MD-HC Pumps (quieter than a muffin fan, 3x the flow of the March 809! These are NOT el cheapo HBing pumps!)

(1) "Brain" Control Box. Housed in this 12" x 12" x 6" box are:
10-SSRs (8 40A SSRs, 2 25A SSRs)
8-Heatsinks (mounted to 40A SSRs)
1-Distribution Block
1-Grounding Bar
1-105CFM Muffin Fan
3-Fuses (2 for pumps, 1 for BCS & Wireless Bridge)
5-Cooling Intake Ports (shielded, on underside of control box)

The BCS monitors:
MLT Outlet temp. (this is also the RIMS inlet temp.)
RIMS Outlet temp.
BK Outlet temp.

The BCS allows you to easily automate your processes, or with one click, run the entire brew session manually.

Stuck mash? Worried about the RIMS burning itself up? No worries, the BCS will not allow this. When going from FULL flow to NO flow through the RIMS heater with 9000W of heating power, the BCS will shut down the RIMS heater when the temp. exceeds its set point by 1F. This will protect your investment and your brew session, from disaster.

P1030951.jpg

P1030949.jpg

thP1030954.jpg

thP1030953.jpg

P1030919.jpg

sousvide.jpg

Happy to hear that probrewer brought you some serious buyers! GL with the sale, thats one sick-@$$ setup!

The 1BBL systems are ENORMOUS. 84" wide x 30" deep stands. 1.5" square, 11ga wall stainless frames. LG 5-MD-HC pumps (1050 GPH), 11,000W kettles, BCS460 control. They require 120A, 240VAC service! The 55 gallon kettles are behemoths!

Building is a lot more fun, when you are not spending your own money, you can really get crazy!

Any pics of the big boys?

I dont have any photos now, the first system is in process. Just got the OK yesterday, final custom changes for the brewery.

The 1-1.5 BBL market is full of hack jobs, poly tanks and 55 gallon systems being plumbed with March 809s.

Guys on this level are not looking to spend $30+K, they KNOW that it is a fight for their survival and they want al ow risk, low cost alternative to a 3 BBL commercial system. They know there is a possibility that they will not survive.

These small startups are searching for people to build them small systems, on a budget, that are customizable. I have seen 1BBL systems out there that are cheaper than what I am building (1/2 the price), but they are gas fired, no process controls, no automation options, POLY tanks and they are running dueling March 809's (woohoo).

The above listed system turned out to be a great way to showcase materials, control options, the appeal of electric brewing and my general design style. It is like a model so to speak.

I am very excited to partner with some of these startups. Some of their owners have never brewed more than 10 gallons, never brewed with electric, never brewed on a HERMS or a RIMS!

The problem for me is that the 1.5 BBL system will be 7' wide and almost 3' deep, my garage cannot handle multiple builds at one time. I have 10 weeks to turn out the 1.5 BBL, should take 6-8, and another on the line. I dont want to take a loss on the above system, but once I am elbow deep in a couple 1.5 BBL builds I will need to look at options perhaps.

I'll take one for the team, and let you store it in my garage until you need it back.......

That is a beautiful system. I'm just curious where Avon is located? I'm going to pretend that I'm not poor for a moment and check to see if I am close enough to drive over and pick it up...since I can't afford shipping on something that large. lol

That is a beautiful system. I'm just curious where Avon is located? I'm going to pretend that I'm not poor for a moment and check to see if I am close enough to drive over and pick it up...since I can't afford shipping on something that large. lol

Indianapolis area...

Already priced a rental cargo van for you, you can get it there for $100 or so. PM me and we can set up a time for you to pick it up! :D

Thanks, the next will be utilizing some higher end components, I am planning 12 weeks to complete.

Back