Where is Peyton Manning Headed? poll

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peyton's new team

• Jets

• Dolphins

• Cardinals

• Seahawks

• Redskins

• Broncos

• Other

• Retirement

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheMan

Reaction score
Just curious, what's everyone think? I find the story very interesting. It will be weird if he ends up playing for another team.

Think so? I think he'll go to a warm weather outdoor team or an indoor. He's never been a cold weather player. For that reason I think the speculation on Seattle will go nowhere

Isn't Brandon Marshall a free agent? I know Manning was in Miami, but if Marshall leaves, then he really doesn't have any great targets.

I think he needs to retire for his own health...but I don't think that will happen.

Now where would I like to see him go?

Denver....that would mean bye bye Tebow.
16.gif

Now where would I like to see him go?

Denver....that would mean bye bye Tebow.
16.gif

Haha, I think everyone outside of Denver wants this too. But somehow, the fans have gotten their way at Mile High. If they dropped Tebow for anyone, Manning would be the best bet. Bronco management has to be certain that any replacement provides immediate results or the fans will get pissy again.

If the Broncos had lost their first playoff game like they lost to New England, he would have gone to Denver (I proposed this months ago, in the football smack-talk thread).

Since they made the playoffs and beat the Steelers, I've got to think they're committed to Tebow for another season, though (although if anyone has the cajones to drop Tebow for Manning, it's Elway).

Miami makes the most sense; good D, Brandon Marshall to throw the ball to, good running game (at least later in the year), good weather, he's already got a home down there.

Denver would be a helluva good fit, but I just don't see how they'd deal with the PR nightmare.

Manning to Fitzgerald in Arizona would be pretty sweet. He would absolutely bring L Fitz back to life.

Miami would be pretty cool, 2 Brady vs. Manning Showdowns a year (potentially 3). It's a storyline every year just for the one time they play. I think if the NFL head honchos had any pull, he would go there just for the ratings.

I'm pretty surprised that anyone has voted for the Redskins...I see no way he would go there. Why would he go play his brother twice a year? This would be another one the NFL would like to see, Manning vs. Mannning twice a year.

As a Jets fan, I would love to see them kick Sanchez in the ass and show him the door.

To be realistic, he's going to go to the Redskins. No way is Snyder going to let him walk away.

I really don't think Manning wants anything to do with the circus that would come, playing in New York. I don't think he wants the constant comparisions to his brother, and I really don't see him playing for The Fat Man. Peyton has always carried himself as a professional, I respect that about him a great deal; the Jets are run like a greasy old circus.

I'd like to see him in Miami. I'd like to see the competition with New England. The League is better with Peyton Manning on the other sideline. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Denver, either. Arizona makes some sense (kind of like Kurt Warner, all over again), but they spend a LOT of money on Kevin Kolb - they've got to give him a shot to prove that he's worth the investment. Plus, they have a lot more holes than either Miami or Denver.

The rumor mill had him on the Miami Dolphin's plane landing in Miami late yesterday afternoon, only a couple hours after the announcement.

I'm pretty sure he has a house in Miami which is probably why he was going there. I don't think it was a Dolphin's plane.
I would like to see him go to KC or Washington.

Has he even worked out yet? Can he still throw? I'm not talking video of "someone" throwing you can't idenify. Let's run the horse over with the cart, I still think he's done.

I've wondered if he might consider moving on to coaching. I Don't think he's there yet, but that might be a great move for him in the future... Possibly the near future depending on the neck issue.

Has he even worked out yet? Can he still throw? I'm not talking video of "someone" throwing you can't idenify. Let's run the horse over with the cart, I still think he's done.

I think I read that he is at like 75%. But this doesn't mean that this first hit of the season isn't going to jolt his neck loose again. I agree with you, he's done...but do you really think he's going to throw it in? I don't.

I think he should resign himself to coaching or broadcasting. It's dumb to play with those kind of injuries and a serious risk of life long pain and disability. I understand wanting to play and it must be hard to give up but I can't see how 3-5 years of play justifies a possible lifetime of pain.

As a Jets fan, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he came but I don't think the money is there and I don't think he wants to work in the Jets system.

Miami is most probable but who knows if he wants to be compared to Brady all season long by being in the same division. It's likely he would go to Tennessee or the Chiefs. I think it's funny that Denver is reaching out to him after all the Tebow swooning Denver fans did over Tebow. Denver having a real QB and an option RB/QB (Tebow) would make for a very interesting and dynamic offense.

Other 49'ers

I'm not really sure he could coexist with Harbaugh as coach, but can you imagine that SF defense, add 1 or 2 mid talent wideouts, and put an 80% or better Peyton at the Helm. That would be a mega dangerous team. It's the only piece SF really needs.

Totally agree..Nobody knows what he can do. I think he might be done, but if he was going anywhere it's Miami. He's got a house in south florida. Maybe Washington if they back the brinks truck up to his house.

If Denver dropped Tebow, Jacksonville would pick him up in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact, Jax might grab up Peyton while nobody's looking.

Other 49'ers

I'm not really sure he could coexist with Harbaugh as coach, but can you imagine that SF defense, add 1 or 2 mid talent wideouts, and put an 80% or better Peyton at the Helm. That would be a mega dangerous team. It's the only piece SF really needs.

This! Exactly this! It's all they need.
I'm still pissed Harbaugh didn't come to Ann Arbor, but it's hard for me to not root for him and it would be even easier with a new QB.
I read every post wondering when someone was going to mention San Fran.

Prime Minister of Canada. He's definitely got the name for it.
Yeah, "The Right Honourable Peyton Manning" ... yeah, that's it.

TheMan said:
Isn't Brandon Marshall a free agent? I know Manning was in Miami, but if Marshall leaves, then he really doesn't have any great targets.

I think he needs to retire for his own health...but I don't think that will happen.

Brandon Marshall is under contract for the next 4 years. He isn't going anywhere.

Manning will sign with Miami!!! Reggie Wayne will follow him. The Dolphins will be dangerous!!!!

You thinking of Brandon Lloyd? He's halfway to New England, he's really wants to play for Josh McDaniels again. He was on the local sports broadcast last night, auditioning for Belichick ("I don't care about the money, I just want to win!"). I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up in New England.

I didn't see the Texans on that list so I vote for retirement.

You thinking of Brandon Lloyd? He's halfway to New England, he's really wants to play for Josh McDaniels again. He was on the local sports broadcast last night, auditioning for Belichick ("I don't care about the money, I just want to win!"). I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up in New England.

Nah, I was thinking of Brandon Marshall. Just misinformed is all. For some reason I thought he was on his contract year or something.

In any case, Marshall + Manning = nice duo. If they would then sign Randy Moss...wow, what a potent offense that would be.

He will be in Denver tonight to have a meeting with Elway and Bowlen. Denver is pro manning now. No one here is even talking about tebow

Arizona makes some sense (kind of like Kurt Warner, all over again), but they spend a LOT of money on Kevin Kolb -

Just 'cuz it took 3 days to make a turd doesn't make it worth more...

The reason the Cards spent a lot of money on Kolb is because they spent a ton of money on Leinart to back up (and eventually start) Warner. Too bad he was too busy doing beer bongs in the jacuzzi with underage chics.

as a diehard colts fan, watching him leave was painful. But it was the only decision to made really. I would like to see him end up in Seattle, but I think he could end up anywhere

Back