Fermenting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattbeer

Reaction score
Is there any crime in leaving the wort/beer in the primary fermenter even if the hydrometer has a steady reading for 3 days? I'm not going to get around to bottling until about a week past when I should. Please advise

I just bottled today (18 days in fermenter). I have read on here that people leave it in the fermenter for a month or so. The longer the time it sits in there, the more your beer will clear. I don't think you will have a problem.

Not at all, in fact I'd advise it. I like to wait a week or two after my beer hits its terminal gravity.

Same here...I generally leave my brews in the ferm for a month, then I cold crash for a week before bottling. So that's 5 weeks after brew day. I don't even bother with gravity readings anymore.

Once you have a pipeline going the rush to bottle/keg goes away.

Same here...I generally leave my brews in the ferm for a month, then I cold crash for a week before bottling. So that's 5 weeks after brew day. I don't even bother with gravity readings anymore.

Once you have a pipeline going the rush to bottle/keg goes away.

My process exactly.

mahe said:
Some of the very best beers are the forgotten ones in the fermenter, way back in the garage :mug:

Thanks for all of the advise. I figured that the longer time may actually help.

Back