Beer Smith Mash Out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayos

Reaction score
How can I get a correct amount of water and temp to do a mash out with a batch sparge in BS? I see the sparge amount and temp, but can't find anything about a Mash out.

You need to select one of the mash profiles that specify there will be a mash out, and then enable the batch sparge option manually. You can also add a mash-out to a batch sparge profile manually if you selected a profile that says '...no mash out', but it is a PITA.

FlyGuy said:
You need to select one of the mash profiles that specify there will be a mash out, and then enable the batch sparge option manually. You can also add a mash-out to a batch sparge profile manually if you selected a profile that says '...no mash out', but it is a PITA.
I agree.
Look to the left when you are picking your mash style. It will say 1 steps, 2 steps, and so on.
For a single infussion with a mash out you will need the one that says "single infussion, full body (or light or what ever) and to the right of that it will say "2 steps"
the others that say "1 step" will not have a mashout.

Back