Barley crusher knurl with pitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaSaBiS

Reaction score
Has anyone ever been shipped a barley crusher, opened the box and saw this?
IMG_0050resize_zps087c0666.jpg

I will contact the seller again (sigh) and see if they can replace this.

I can only assume with all of the pitting on the peaks of the crappy knurl will be like starting with brand new worn out rollers, that will just meet their life expectancy a few years short or cause issues sooner.

Ill be using it tomorrow for a house pale ale but just wondered what the responses on here would be.

Cheers.

No that's not normal at all here's a pic of mine at over a year of use. Send her back.

Yeah that looks like my 1st one. This replacement took me 15 min to wipe off all the cutting oil all over the rollers too.

It is a huge pain to make a warranty claim with them cause you never know any time frames with them. Shooting em an email now. Thanks

Got a hold of him. He says if it crushes and I want to pay for return shipping he will send me a new one. How hard do you think i should push him to cover shipping. He sent this crap as a replacement to begin with

Did you buy it new at retail? If so, I would accept nothing less than new, retail quality. You didn't pay for defects. If that's how it came to the retailer, that's something for him to deal with, not you.

Yep through midwest. rollers bent on original and this was my replacement. Thanks Ti64

Yep through midwest. rollers bent on original and this was my replacement. Thanks Ti64

I would deal with midwest then. Unless you are already, seems like bad customer service!

Did you ever figure out if this is normal or not? I recently purchased a Barley Crusher too, and it had the same "pitting." Not sure if this is to prevent tearing the husk like someone mentioned or if it is a manufacturing flaw? I don't know how the knurling process works, but can't imagine they'd be pitted like that unless it was intentional. Thanks for the help.

I just got a Monster Mill with the same 'issue'...emailed the company to see if this is a defect, or not. I started a new thread regarding this, but I'll try to respond to this thread too, when I get an answer.

pat

after a lot of back and forth, Since it is not technically "broken" he will not pay return shipping because I am unhappy with the knurl as long as it still works. I could however pay to ship it back and maybe get one with good knurl. MAYBE.

Latest posts

Back