Party Pig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natethebrewer

Reaction score
I hate bottling, and all the time I spend doing it.
The guy at the homebrew shop recommended the Party pig.
Has anybody used this system?
and How'd it go?

I hate bottling day as well. I recently got the tap a draft system for my birthday. I used it on a California common ale and was very pleased with the results. I filled 2 of the tapadraft bottles then put what was left in bottles. Shortened bottling day severely. Less sanitizing bottles, filling, capping etc.
I force carbonated the first tap a draft bottle and it was ready in 3 days. The other tapadraft I primed with priming sugar and was not as pleased with the clarity or the taste. I think overall it is a cheaper alternative then going to full kegs. And if you don't have a designated fridge. These take up minimal space. One tip I found was to make sure you use Teflon tape on the threads as other people have complained about leaks.

Taste and clarity were a problem? I'd think it would be just like a larger volume of bottle conditioned beer.
How'd it go with force carbing? I didn't know you could with a mini system. Beer in 3 days sounds great and worth the investment.

I wouldn't say it was a problem. I just didn't taste as fresh/good. And I think maybe the priming solution made it cloud up? Not sure why. Yes, you can force carb with it. I put the tap on one on bottling day put the c02 on it and put it directly in the fridge. They say it takes 7 days to carb up but I found it to be ready after 3. The down side is that you will go through 2 c02 cartridges to carb then dispense the bottle vs one if the bottle is carbed with priming sugar for two weeks, then hooked to the tap and put on c02. Also note it is wise if carbing with priming solution you need to chill the bottle before hooking up the tap. Otherwise you could foam over. Some people put it in the freezer for an hour before hooking up the tap.

Back