Hops & Grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialp

Reaction score
So I recently brewed my first bath of American Pale Ale and it came out really well, could have had a little more carbonation but the taste was on point. I recently purchased a bunch more of supplies for my round 2 batch and I realized that I did not coordinate any of my hops together. Here's the list of supplies I got:

1LB Caramel Wheat Grain
5LB Amber Dry Malt Extract
2OZ Cascade hops
1OZ Centennial hops
1OZ Palisades hops
1OZ Kent Golding hops
1LB Corn Sugar
1pk Ale Yeast (11g)

So my question is do you guys have any suggestions on good combinations of the hops that I've purchased that would brew a solid beverage. I'm into IPA's and bitter beer but I enjoy all beer.... especially home brewed.

Cheers gentlemen

*Just saw the recipe section, after this post.. my bad

batch* but that would be pretty awesome.. so I did some further research and people are saying centennial and cascade is a good combo as well. Thanks for the help

Cascade as bittering, Centennial and Casscade though out and some Palisades close to flame out.

Primary- 20g Belgian Trippel, 10g Flanders Red
Secondary- barrel aged Double IPA, 10g Flanders Red, 10g Peated Wheat
Keg-1 Bourbon Barrel Black Imperial IPA
2 Barrel aged Double IPA
3 Razberry Honey Cream
4 Peach Honey Cream
5 Honey Brown
6 HopSlap Double IPA
7 empty

Up coming - Barley Wine, Blackberry Porter

I would suggest not using amber or dark extract, especially in pale ales or IPAs. When you purchase extract the next time, buy "pale" or "light" and then use some grains like crystal 40L for flavor and color in pale ales. For darker beers, chocolate malt and darker crystal malts would be good.

Back