coopers kit question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rave808

Reaction score
Im on a budget the question i have is if i'm using a coopers beer kit and their carbonation drops can I do my primary in my bottling bucket and as long as I use their carb drops can I bottle right off my primary as long as my primary bucket has a spigot?

You could,as long as your bottling bucket has enough head space. And don't over-tighten the spigot,or it'll leak. Use a blow off the 1st few days of initial,vigorous fermentation as well.

Our first batch was done this way with no issues (other than the standard noob mistakes and lack of patience).

I have 2 fermenters & a dedicated bottling bucket. All have spigots & airlock grommets. So I can also use my bottling bucket as a secondary,once so far with no issues.

I got 2 "fermenters" wjhen I started, but always ended up using the second one to mix up a batch of starsan. Never had 2 fermenters going at once, but that's just the way I roll.

I originally bought the Cooper's micro brew fermenter kit from makebeer.net. Then,last tax return time,bought a Brewer's Best ale pale & a bucket,lid,& Italian spigot to make a bottling bucket. Besides a stirring paddle,fine mesh strainer,etc to be able to brew two batches at once. I just wanted to make sure I had separate buckets & what not so I wouldn't have to use one for another purpose. I also picked up a $5 homer cheapo bucket for PBW,etc.

Latest posts

Back