whirlpool upright small freezer????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowdy

Reaction score
picking up this freezer this weekend
any ideas all i know is its whirlpool and just a bit bigger than a washer machine
3pb3o93lb5O15T65Pe9bl20aab3c12a511149.jpg

looks like plenty of room for a keezer build
any suggestions welcome
thanks

measure it and make sure it works before you buy it. also might not be a bad idea to make sure the bottom can support 50 - 60 lbs.

going to look at it sunday
thanks for the advice, looking to get any ideas before i go ahead and get it.

You gotta make sure those shelves are removable.. alot of upright freezers use hard coolant lines built into the shelves. Mine is that way, and I just ended up building an extension on it. Now it holds 18 kegs and like 8 cases of bottles so hey I took lemons and made lemonade :)
If the coolant lines are in the shelves, they are not movable. (not easily at all anyway.) Post back if they are and we could help you figure out what to do.

Cheers and goodluck

just heard back form the owner, the shelves come out. :ban:
she dosent have a model number.
was hoping someone converted something similar for ideas.

think i will pick it up anyway can always use a freezer or a temp controlled ferment chamber. if the keezer idea fails.

:mug:

hopefully this turns into a build thread

picked it up today measured with my 1/6 sanke looks like it will fit 4 and a co2 no problem with plenty of room to spare. the shelves come completely out, the bottom can easily be reinforced for the extra weight. will take some pics and measurements tomorrow. model number is whirlpool EV090FXKN-2

:rockin:
whatcha guys think?

here is a blow up of it also
http://www.us1internet.com/whirlpool_large_all/hkwy2m2vjj.gif

Looks great! I think that's an ideal keezer.. oo have you checked your headspace for co2/liquid line keg connections?
Also how do you plan to control temp? I very strongly suggest some Love. 65$ with a temp probe

i have 10 inches above the 1/6 sanke i have in there for referance.
should be plenty of room for hoses and whatnot.
i was reading up on the LOVE i think thats what i'm going to use.
how easy are they to hook up?
its gonna get painted black and possibly some diamond plate behind the taps.
open to any ideas and suggestions, i'm a measure 15 times cut once guy.
:mug:

It's pretty straightforward. The wiring diagram will make alot of sense, and its all screw terminals. I used a spare extension cord and an extra 15 amp duplex outlet in a plastic gang box. The outlet is not necessary, I just wanted to have something to plug my freezer into without cutting into its cord.

That thing will look really sweet if you mount it in the black door :rockin:

Back