Just wanted to double check

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletcher21

Reaction score
So been brewing for a few years now but only been doing all grain the for the past several batches.

Anyways I did my first all grain IPA and all turned out well 89 IBU's nice and dry and about 8.5 ABV. However I was dry hopping today with 2 oz of cascades and things got messy.

I usually use a mesh hop bag but for some reason I could not manage to get it in my Carboy. So, I got the wild idea to just put them in without a bag. Well tried a wide mouth funnel and that didn't work so I ended up just putting them in by hand.

Should I be at all concerned about infection. Funnel and all other equipment was fully sanitized as well as my hands.

Hops were whole leaf.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I wouldn't worry. I normally just use my hand sanitized) to guide the hops in as well. no problems yet.

8.5 abv is going to protect it from almost anything. Acetobacter would be the biggest fear for a finished beer; provided you keep O2 out that is not a concern.

Back