• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Contactors for e-brew heating elements.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeus53219

Reaction score
Bought a lot of 10 Allen-Bradley 100-C30 ser. C contactors from a local factory that was cleaning out used inventory. I used 2 for my 5500w heating elements and one for main power. So I have 7 left for sale. These are 3pole which worked perfectly for me, 2 hot wires and a power wire for an indicator light. They are 240 single phase, you could easily use up to a 6500w element. The coil is 120v so it is simple to control by a selector switch. I seen these on ebay for over $60 for used ones, $100 plus for new ones. $22ea + shipping.

2011-10-09 13 14 10.jpg

A switch on a control panel can be activated(turned on) which pulls in the coil on this contactor and allows power to pass through this unit, one leg of 120v to a ssr and the other leg to your heating element or heatstick. Then a pid could control the ssr when heat is needed.

@jlachesk

With Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box and Delivery Confirmation you are looking at about $6 through the post office.

Zeus,

These look like they would work with my planned Kal style e-brew control panel. I guess I would need two, ie one for each 5500W element. Let me know how much shipping would be for two. How did you set yours up? Do you have them wired to both turn on with the master power switch? I'm asuming your SSRs do all the power cycling while you are in the process of brewing... so much to learn.

Yes these are din rail mount. I used 3 in my Kal style build, I control them with a 110v selector switch that pulls in the coil to allow one leg of 110v to go to the ssr and the other to go to the heating element. Using the selector switch only allows 1 of contactors to be pulled in at a time(either hlt, or boil). And 1 for main power controlled by a key switch.

2011-10-01 18.05.53.jpg

Sorry guys all contactors are gone at this time. But good news I should have 10-20 more by the weeks end. I will let you know when I receive them. All PMs will be replied to.

I purchased 25 more of theses. Have 18 left. Let me know if there is anyone I did not get back to.

Picked up 10 more of these contactors. I also now have 15 of these with the same amperage rating but with 24v coils for those of you using low voltage for control.

Picked up 15 more contactors. This will probably be the last ones I can get until after the holidays.

Those of you that sent PMs and I said I was out resend quantity needed. I wont be getting anymore contactors til the first of the year.

Cleaning out the basement over the weekend I found 4 contactors. I will be getting more 1/16/12 for those of you that stated you wanted to wait until after the holidays.

I received the contactors yesterday. They were slightly more this time, but not much. They are $22 ea. I believe I contacted everyone that wanted a few, if I did not let me know. That being said I have 6 left for sale pending I fulfilled everyone's requests.

Paul

If you sent me a PM'd today in regards to multiple contactors can you plz resend. I cleaned out my inbox before I could reply. @lorlath I did receive yours. Thanks

Zeus, if you have the 3 still left, I'll take them off your hands. And I'm going to be in Milwaukee this afternoon through Friday. I noticed your post regarding these in the electric brewing forum.

I too am building a 240v e-Brewery Control Panel and prefer the DIN mounted components over the others.

Please let me know.
Thanks!
Paul Murphy

Many thanks to Zeus for the contactors and the beer! These will work great in my control panel.

Paul

Back