Keg-Fridge Magnets Part Deux

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwjester

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I posted the first batch a while ago. Thought I'd share the new ones. I don't put these on bottles, although I could. Instead, I print them out on magnets and put them above the tap on the kegerator.

doubleChocolateStout.jpg
Baliset.jpg
20090124-princessIrulanMildAle.jpg

20090616-TrueBlonde.jpg
20090610-raspberryCreamAle.jpg
20090319-Tears%20of%20the%20Maker.jpg

LOVE the blonde! The only way you could improve would be to use a real model & a real glass of beer... You know, that would would make for one damned fine label; could work for a red ale too! The rasberry cream is VERY clever & well done! I'm still giggling over the blonde tho LOL! Regards, GF.

I am jealous of your labels, esp the Blonde Ale.
Shouldn't a Baliset have 9 strings?

Just teasing, I had to look that up.

Yeah. The blonde one was fun. Wife hasn't picked up on it yet either.

The baliset does have 9 strings, but adding strings kind of made the logo look like a grid. I'm just showing the frets really.

I just go to office depot or staples and get the magnetic paper. You print out a sheet of labels and cut them to size. I usually scale them to 2.5x3.5 or so. Someone mentioned that you can get business card sized magnet paper that already has the cuts made. I tried that one time, but wasn't as happy with the results. My wife does scrapbooking as a hobby, so she has nice straight cutting tools.

Surprisingly, I had to look at the blonde label a couple of times to notice what you did there. Good job!

I may end up doing this, because I am thinking about different things to use as tap handles instead of the usual wooden pull. I'm thinking an 8-Ball, or maybe the top of a guitar neck or something.

I think you could also upload the images to Mpix.com and have them print magnets for you?

just a thought

That's brilliant. I hadn't thought of looking at mpix. They offer a 2x3.5 magnet which is perfect for these labels. Guess I'll be doing those from now on. I had looked at cafepress and zazzle, but I wasn't happy with the sizes they offered.

I used GIMP in windows, but I have also used it in linux. I believe there is a way to install GIMP in osX. Is there another drawing program in osX? Also, you could try aviary.com. It is an online set of graphics tools.

Surprisingly, I had to look at the blonde label a couple of times to notice what you did there. Good job!

I may end up doing this, because I am thinking about different things to use as tap handles instead of the usual wooden pull. I'm thinking an 8-Ball, or maybe the top of a guitar neck or something.

I LOVE that guitar neck idea! If you could get strings on the neck, that would be even cooler!

Called a repair shop nearby and the owner said he would check his dumpster. $15 if he's got one. Probalby doesn't have the pegs though. Didn't think of that. I *could* cut the neck on the screamer, but my wife and friends would shoot me. That is such a part of our past memories.

Back