Apple/apple sauce beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rankrefugee88

Reaction score
Went apple picking a few days ago and just feel like using some of these to brew a batch. I've already made some applesauce, just added cinnamon, no extra sugar, and it turned out excellent. I can't make juice because I don't have a juicer.

Anyone have any recipes using apple slices or even apple sauce?

1.core & peel
2.mash/blenderify
3.add to mash or boil if extract.
4.????
5. BEER!

Two weeks ago I made a batch of 'Lil Sparky's AG Nut Brown Ale and racked off a couple gallons to make an apple brown betty ale. I added four apples that I'd cut in half and roasted for 30 minutes at 350 along with a tea of brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger that I'd boiled for 10 minutes and let cool. It smelled awesome and I am quite hopeful - I'll know more this weekend when I start checking the gravity to (hopefully) bottle.

The guy I typically brew with makes an apple saison that's pretty darn tasty. He cubes 8 granny smith apples (about 1" chunks) and roasts them until they are lightly carmelized, then adds them in secondary for about 4 weeks. They show up as a nice subtle apple pie kinda flavor in the saison after about 3-4 more weeks of cold conditioning.

Back