national homebrew day May 7th what's brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donjr721

Reaction score
what are you brewing on national homebrew day, this coming saturday, i may doing a pilsner urquell clone in the form of an ale. how about you?

I am doing 2. I am going to be doing Yooper's Red Rocket clone, and then a Rye Saison. This is assuming I have time to do 2 all grain batches. Wish me luck!

My first all grain Sam summer clone.
Wish me luck any wisdom welcome

5 lb Pilsen (36 ppg 1 L)
3.5 lb Wheat (38 ppg 2 L)
.5 lb CaraPils (33 ppg 1.5 L)
1 lb Wheat - Flaked (36 ppg 2 L)

Strike with 3.8 gallons @ 162 (desired rest at 152)
Sparge with 4.2 gallons @ 170

1.5 oz Hallertauer (5%) @ 60
1 oz Grains of Paradise @ 15
1 oz Lemon Zest @ 15
1 oz Hallertauer (5%) @ 5

G_Force_5 said:
My first all grain Sam summer clone.
Wish me luck any wisdom welcome

Been drinking my Sam Summer clone for about three weeks now. Advise= use fresh lemon zest and plenty of it if you want it like today's summer ale. Or moderate amount if you like the Sam Summer 5 years ago.

My father in law and I are doing two as well: a Leiny Sunset Wheat clone to put on tap at his house, and a California Common for mine!

Used up my last extract batch last Sunday. It was a True Brew Amber. I'll be doing the AG version of the AHS Anniversary English Pale Ale.

I was going to be brewing the Wit recipe, but I found I have a graduation I was told I was going to be attending that day so my brewing hopes are shot.

Wow I didnt even realize that it was national homebrew day saturday. I've had plans to make 20 gallons of my blonde ale for my brothers graduation party this weekend for months, since his party is 7 weeks out from May 7th. I wanted to do 10 on saturday, 10 on sunday, but I may just go for it all on saturday in honor of the day!

hope to be kegging the 'glad to see 'ya garner orange hefe'

The brewclub that I am in will be doing 60 gallons of Russian Imperial Stout that will then be aged in a Jim Beam barrel.

my wife is throwing a 40th b-day bash for me so no brewing, but plenty of home brew will be consumed :tank:

the boy is having his first birthday party, so no brewing.

No way! He's a year old already?!?! Wow, time flies.

I'm brewing a 21st Amendment Bitter American. Midfielder sent me one a couple of months ago, and Bob fell iin love. Hopefully with the beer, and not Midfielder, although she's very good looking. I may have a thing for her myself..........but I digress.

Anyway, I am trying to clone this beer. My homebrew club is spread out- we're in a rural area and I don't want to drive 75 miles one way to participate, so I'm doing my own!

I'll be doing my 'house' scottish ale, in the Deuchar's IPA fashion. I finally got some Super Styrian hops, so I'm pretty excited.

However, I also just got a freebie (second) chest freezer, and an itch for my first lager. Maybe my second of the day?

Eh, I'll make it National Homebrew Weekend and do the lager on Sunday.

I'm brewing a 21st Amendment Bitter American. Midfielder sent me one a couple of months ago, and Bob fell iin love. Hopefully with the beer, and not Midfielder, although she's very good looking. I may have a thing for her myself..........but I digress.

Actually yooper, I am pretty sure no one minds if you digress.

Well that sucks, may 7th is my anniversary. Guess I'll never be able to partake in the festivities...

I'm having people over. Brewing a rye red/IPA. Sort of a Founders Red's Rye meets Denny Conn's Rye IPA. We'll see how it comes out!

Crap! I was volunteered to babysit my nephews! Looks like Saturday will have be a double brew day....2 hearted clone and a brown ale :)

O Gope Yarrow Ale: waiting on my myrica shipment.Going to pitch nottingham higher and low temp to get a lager effect. Anybody know how much dried yarrow=fresh yarrow?

Back