Can you Brew It database

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really looking forward to the Pale 31 show. I re-listened to the "Firestone Walker-Palooza" episode and the FSW guy mentioned (pretty much as a throw away) that they slightly oak the beer, which he thinks will be hard for homebrewers to replicate. If JZ & Co. are able to clone it, that is going to be the next recipe I do. Pale 31 has got to be one of my favorite beers ever.

I'm really looking forward to the Pale 31 show. I re-listened to the "Firestone Walker-Palooza" episode and the FSW guy mentioned (pretty much as a throw away) that they slightly oak the beer, which he thinks will be hard for homebrewers to replicate. If JZ & Co. are able to clone it, that is going to be the next recipe I do. Pale 31 has got to be one of my favorite beers ever.

It is taking an awfully long time to add those podcasts. The last update was 6-20. As soon as it is up (and I have about 20 minutes), I will add it.

I am looking forward to it as well.

Eric

Yeah, I've been a little surprised by the delay. If they were able to clone Walker's Reserve, though, I suspect they will also be able to do it for P31. They really seem to have a grasp on how to use oak chips/cubes, which is great for us listeners.

anyone got the Epic Ale recipe?

My thoughts exactly. I listened to the podcast yesterday and could not find a posting that was close to the interview/6 gal recipe. I do have the notes and could post once I get things plugged into BeerTools.

I did stop by the local beer purveyor and picked up a bottle of Epic Pale Ale. I haven't tried it yet, but it better by darn good for $8.49 for just over a pint. It is definitely a long way from New Zealand!

Has anyone had a taste of this elixir?

Hey great job man!!! Prosted this thread as it's quite the workout to do I'm sure.

One note, the Epic Pale Ale isn't linked on the first post and peeps that don't go throughout the thread might miss it.

Again... GREAT JOB!!! :rockin:

Thanks for the prost.

HBT will not let me edit old posts for whatever reason. I have asked several different places and can not get anyone to answer me. This is the best I can do.

Eric

Awesome database, I did a search to see if anyone was doing this or if I was going to have to, lol. Glad someone else has taken it under their wings and flown with it. I think this is a great show with awesome recipes. Now, I just need to try one.

Hey guys,
I am behind by a couple brews but will catch up soon. I have a newborn at home and at working full-time and school full-time. But I enjoy keeping up the database, so it will get done!

Eric

Added the rebrew of Stone Arrogant Bastard to the original page.. It hasn't been 100% deemed cloned, but it sounds like it is 99.9% there.

Eric

Added the rebrew of Stone Arrogant Bastard to the original page.. It hasn't been 100% deemed cloned, but it sounds like it is 99.9% there.

Eric
What day did they do the AB rebrew? I must have missed that show!

Great work, btw. I listen to this show during my hour long commute and the drive just melts away. :)

What day did they do the AB rebrew? I must have missed that show!

Great work, btw. I listen to this show during my hour long commute and the drive just melts away. :)

The live show was on Monday.

No problem, hope you find it useful.

Eric

sweet.. thanks eric.

Im gonna try that AB clone next. (well, just the grain bill and hop schedule.. different hops).

Ill definitely subscribe to this thread. Appreciate your time in sharing all this info.

Does anyone have advice about making modifications to do an extract with steeped grains version of this recipe? Thanks, Nathan

Does anyone have advice about making modifications to do an extract with steeped grains version of this recipe? Thanks, Nathan

Take a look at the link in my signature. If you have further questions, post in the Epic Pale Ale thread.

Good luck.

Eric

Back