Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An excellent first post, welcome Chris.

Here's mine

Before

freezer1.jpg

After a grip of sanding and priming and sanding. two more taps to be added soon

P2044680.jpg

She fits 8 cornies now with the lid recessed

modifiedlid-1.jpg

And my first kegerator that will one day maybe move into the house... If I'm lucky.

kegerator1.jpg

So I got this baby off craigslist for cheap with tap, lines and CO2. The moding begins...
3329641029_8b2c9c5dd2.jpg

First mod was some better tap handles than the Bud Light one it came with.
3329641179_4817c59dc7.jpg
3330476930_373870ef48.jpg
3329643287_9ba50fe29f.jpg

3329643985_c476894b57.jpg
3329643695_5f6dde7bb5.jpg

and more recently a drip tray
3329659135_c047abbd1f.jpg

Still a ways to go. I will be adding 2 more taps over time (I have the taps but need the line) and will also have a pony inside for the secret stash. SWIMBO insists I keep the freezer available for baby food. Can Do.

haha! Love the random wooden tap handles! My favorite has to be the branch, but I'd probably put my eye out trying to get a pint. :D

Hmm. mounting a razor sharp dagger as a tap handle would sure keep the friends and relatives out of the beer. A Kevlar glove (or steal gauntlet) could be used for the pour.

Nice score. To bad they mounted the tap so close to the freezer door. How many taps are you adding?

It is too bad about the tap but I am going to thread a bolt so booth doors open together and call it good.
I am planing on two more taps for now as one was inside the keg on a shaft and I got another unused one from a guy who was getting out. Plus a party tap for party's and a 4th keg if I want it.

An excellent first post, welcome Chris.

Hey thanks, I have a bunch more and better pics too but I didn't want to flood this topic with pics. I thought I might start a new thread once I get around to it though.

I appreciate the welcome, there's some seriously nice work on this board! I look forward to contributing to it.

Chris

Hmm. mounting a razor sharp dagger as a tap handle would sure keep the friends and relatives out of the beer. A Kevlar glove (or steal gauntlet) could be used for the pour.

Nice score. To bad they mounted the tap so close to the freezer door. How many taps are you adding?

I think that this is going to be my choice of tap handle to deter people from drinking my brews. (Or to designate which batch I like the least)

Custom Beer Tap Handles at BeerAvenue.com

-Me

Hi Guys,
My first Kegerator:
fridge1.jpg

fridge2.jpg

fridge3.jpg

Thinking of painting the beige rim and handle black, not sure yet though!

This is just the start still need to attach the 18" drip tray and I am building more shelves for bottles and glasses next to the fridge.

photo.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-3.jpg

Looks good. What size fridge is that?

18cf. Got it brand new "overstock" at a Searsoutlet for $350. It was the same price as the ones that feel off the truck that were beat to hell!

It will hold 6 kegs without the CO2 or 5 with the CO2. It was hard to drill the 1" holes in the SS but I did it with only one scratch it the finish.

Mine's a pretty simple two-beer mini-fridge conversion, though it was fun ripping out the entire inside door because the shelves were connected by the foam insulation to the door. Anyhow, ended up re-insulating myself with spray foam, and shaving off a little extra when it expanded more than i had hoped. I also filled the tower with spray foam, which works great. The tower never sweats so there's no foam and no need for a fan. I also showed the first kegged beer, a witbier.

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

Login | Facebook

Mine's a pretty simple two-beer mini-fridge conversion, though it was fun ripping out the entire inside door because the shelves were connected by the foam insulation to the door. Anyhow, ended up re-insulating myself with spray foam, and shaving off a little extra when it expanded more than i had hoped. I also filled the tower with spray foam, which works great. The tower never sweats so there's no foam and no need for a fan. I also showed the first kegged beer, a witbier.

Yor pics aren't showing. Face book asking for a login.

QUOTE=mkade;1197955]Mine's a pretty simple two-beer mini-fridge conversion, though it was fun ripping out the entire inside door because the shelves were connected by the foam insulation to the door. Anyhow, ended up re-insulating myself with spray foam, and shaving off a little extra when it expanded more than i had hoped. I also filled the tower with spray foam, which works great. The tower never sweats so there's no foam and no need for a fan. I also showed the first kegged beer, a witbier.

Yor pics aren't showing. Face book asking for a login.

Quote's not working. HBT asking for a end quote tag

:cross:

Aww you fixed it

Thats the best idea of mounting a drip tray i've seen. I still need to put a proper one in as I'm using a bathroom shelf that holds on with suction cups. Whilst it holds three full beers, isn't going anywhere and drains it looks Fugly!

Your way I can ahere the wood to the keezer and the drip tray just slides in and out.

Brilliant!

And I've got three taps and you up me by having four! Ahhh that hurts even more LOL

Thats the best idea of mounting a drip tray i've seen. I still need to put a proper one in as I'm using a bathroom shelf that holds on with suction cups. Whilst it holds three full beers, isn't going anywhere and drains it looks Fugly!

Your way I can ahere the wood to the keezer and the drip tray just slides in and out.

Brilliant!

And I've got three taps and you up me by having four! Ahhh that hurts even more LOL

LOL! And I have room for a 5th tap that will work with the tray! Thanks for the thumbs up I am pleased with it also! I made the brackets myself out of some scrap birch and just used some Dutch oil on them. The way I mounted them without tearing up the inside of the door was to insert two screws into the door for each bracket. I screwed them in about 1/2" into the door and left the remaining 1" exposed. I then drilled out two holes on the back of each bracket that the screws then slid onto. I then just used a little gorilla glue on the back of the brackets and in the screw holes and taped it in place until it dried and it was done. I put a 10lb weight on the tray and it didn't even flinch! And the tray slides in and out perfectly. :ban:

PS. If anyone uses this method remember gorilla glue expands! Just a little will due.

Great minds are thinking alike ;) Mine is very similar but I went for a more "floating" approach. Kind of hard to see in the pix but the tray is about 3" away from the fridge door. There are setscrews underneath that fix the tray in place so it can be easily removed for cleaning.

floatingdrip.jpg

driptraycloseup.jpg

-Joe

Here's my little beauty. She'll only hold a 3-gal corny, but she sure looks good doin' it.

The knob is a shifter knob from Kurt Bush's Nascar.

CIMG0640.jpg

CIMG0641.jpg

Here is my new baby, 2 days and 10 trips to home depot/lowes later I am finally finished...

3372640857_c485df77a7.jpg

3373458856_3d08c686ce.jpg

Will hold 3 cornies and a 5 lb tank, i'm still trying to think up a way to run my 20lb from the outside with it still looking nice...

Yeah but if i put an eagles logo on it I wouldn't be able to put logos for super bowls they won on it...

Latest posts

Back