Jolly Pumkin Farmhouse Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redweasel

Reaction score
Jolly Pumkin Bam Biere Farmhouse Ale

Holy smokes this is carbonated! Going to take a while just to get it tin the glass. Huge pure white head that does not seem to be leaving anytime soon even with a gentle pour.

Cloudy and straw colored with quite a bit of yeast

Mild funkiness followed by a citrus/lemony aroma. Maybe even a bit peppery/spicy.

Definate spicy/pepper flavor with quite a bit of citrus throughout. A bit of funkiness carries through to the flavor but in a good way unlike the demon dead nastfish brew I had earlier. Has a decent maltiness to it that I find pleasant.

Kind of thin in body which is my only real complaint. Maybe from the extreme level of carbonation.

All in all a nice refreshing fairly complex beer with lots to offer. I do wish it had more body though.

35/50

One of my favorites. I would usggest that you have the beer really chilled to cut down on the foam.

Bam is good, as are their other offerings. I live a few miles from the brewery, so I'm lucky enough to stop by the brewery occasionally. Soon their beers will only be available in 750s (from what I hear).

It was my first step into saison styling, and it was a good first step. I love popping the bottle and just letting the bottle sit as I watch the head slowly creep its way out of the glass. :D

Greg

Back