stuck quad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oshea3333

Reaction score
help me please here is the down and dirty
belgian quad all grain
og 1.082 now 1.039 after 2 months primary and 1 month in secondary no change in 3 weeks, should i repitch with a new trappist starter? or something else?

What yeast did you use, and at what fermentation temps? Did you use a starter? Did you use oxygen? How about your grain and fermentables bill?

What yeast did you use, and at what fermentation temps? Did you use a starter? Did you use oxygen? How about your grain and fermentables bill?

All good questions to help figure out what went wrong.

I have never had to try this but Wyeast 3711 can be used to restart a stuck fermentation.

YEAST STRAIN: 3711 | French Saison

Back to Yeast Strain List

A very versatile strain that produces Saison or farmhouse style biers as well as other Belgian style beers that are highly aromatic (estery), peppery, spicy and citrusy. This strain enhances the use of spices and aroma hops, and is extremely attenuative but leaves an unexpected silky and rich mouthfeel. This strain can also be used to re-start stuck fermentations or in high gravity beers.

Origin:
Flocculation: Low
Attenuation: 77-83%
Temperature Range: 65-77F 18-25C
Alcohol Tolerance: ABV 12%

I know that 3711 will chow through just about anything.

Get a starter going, add nutrient and hit it with pure O2 if you can and dump it in at high krausen and cross your fingers

Back