Best Place to Buy Hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hops direct doesn't answer any e-mails and shipping for them gets awfully expensive. I have bought from them this year, but the shipping always kills the deal for me:mug:

I hear you on shipping, it is around $11 for one pound or ten but if you plan ahead and lay stock in the fall it is not that bad. I have bought smaller amounts from Niko's ($5 shipping) and also farmhousebrewingsupply.com, and freshops.com. More recently I found some more whole amarillo hops at williamsbrewing.com. I can vouch for these vendors being good to work with. Shipping is always going to bite you no matter what.

1234 said:
I do, and I don't want to let it go. Go spend your hard earned money with them and just know that they are marking the hops us about 300%

So who should the prices be regulated by? Would you want the government to do it? Isn't this America? Capitalism? I just don't understand you're thought process in thinking this way. And don't think that I am attacking you, I really don't understand.

NJstout said:
i like hopsdirect and farmhouse

Does hopsdirect offer a shipping quote at time of checkout now? They have good prices but never really offered shipping quote till after hops were paid for! Unless they've changed, correct me if I'm incorrect:)

If you call hops direct they will give you a shipping quote. I believe its on the website now though.

40watt said:
If I ever pay $30 for a lb of hops, hit me in the face with a shovel.

HaHa. +1.
I like Label Peelers, but like most, their stock of high demand hops runs out quickly.

Latest posts

Back