Unfamiliar Corny keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldogbrewhaus

Reaction score
Scored an interesting corny keg and other assorted goodies today on craigslist. Got a great deal too. However the keg is an unfamiliar one to me. I am used to seeing ball or pin lock posts for the gas and beer. This one had regular hardware store fittings attatched where the posts would normally be. No popit valves or anything. I stripped out everything from it and cleaned it. I would like to put ball lock fittings into it if i can. Also got a dual gauge regulator originally for nitrogen. Will this work ok for a kegerator? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

I don't see why it wouldn't work if you can find posts to thread on it. strange that there are 4 spots for posts. Are there gas-in and liquid-out dip tubes in there? Can't tell from the picture.

Did you get whatever connected to those ports? I've never seen one with four ports, but if you have the connectors, or can find ones that fit it, I'm sure you could use it. If you can't find a use for it, send it to me. I'll figure something out.

There was a dip tube on the beer out side only. One of the holes held the pressure release valve the other had a bolt to keep it sealed. The guy i bought it from said it sat in the garage for 6 years so i took out everything with threads. Google tells me it is from a company that makes portable pressure tanks for a variety of uses. Everything in the picture was only $25. So I figured what the hell. The c02 tank alone was probably worth it.

Thanks everyone for the helpful insight. I am going to try to find some fittings and see if I can turn this thing into functional keg. I will post pictures for others if I succeed. If not I found a company that buys these things and people are selling them on ebay. Who knows might get that new christmas kegerator after all.

Back