10 Gal Kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brew 10 gal batches but I like to use 5 gal kegs and 5 gal fermenters. They are easier to move around, they give me more variety on tap etc. As far as the price, lets see... 5 gal Cornelius kegs are about $45, so 2 of them will cost you $90. He is selling them for $180 each. So no, it's not worth the money.

If I lived I Colorado, they would both be mine (I would offer 300 for both). If you use scooby brews logic a 2.5 gallon corny would be worth 22.50, when they go for $75-$100.

_

If I lived I Colorado, they would both be mine (I would offer 300 for both). If you use scooby brews logic a 2.5 gallon corny would be worth 22.50, when they go for $75-$100.

_

The 1G "syrup" tanks went for like $75 each on here too. It's more about rarity...there are tons of 5G cornies, much less so 10G and the smaller sizes.

The novelty factor for a 10g corny keg is high but the practicality is low. A 10g corny is significantly more difficult to transport, fit in kegerators, etc. Filling two 5g kegs is just as easy as filling one 10g keg and at 1/4 the cost.

If you're serious about large scale kegging, consider sankey kegs.

I don't even want to think about hefting a 90 pound keg up and over my keezer wall!

Oh damn - I thought about it! :eek:

Cheers! ;)

Back