New Hop - Calypso

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers77

Vendor
Reaction score
We just put our newest hop variety up on our site.

Calypso hops-
Dual purpose hops, fruity aroma with hints of pear and apple

Enjoy,

John

Gonna brew my house pale ale with them to get a good idea of what they are bringing to the party! I also think they may work well in a Saison.

yah you always post this type of stuff after i place a large order.

lol

yah you always post this type of stuff after i place a large order.

lol

I know, I just put an order in on Saturday for some Nugget, Warrior and Citra hops with Farmhouse and then today saw they had some Simcoe available so I had to place another order for 8oz of those and a pack of Falconer's Flight for good measure!

Not going to complain about scoring another 1/2 lb of Simcoe though:ban:

Matt, I thought you just ordered.

We are trying our best to keep everything in stock but when your just 2 people and have 41 varieties of hops it get tough.

Matt, I thought you just ordered.

We are trying our best to keep everything in stock but when your just 2 people and have 41 varieties of hops it get tough.

No worries. I ordered some hops and grain to make up a Nugget Nectar clone on Saturday and saw you had some Simcoes available today so I put in another order. Thanks for the great variety!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Nugget Nectar.

I just used Calypso for the AHS Apocalypso. It's a nice hop. It seems to be a strong bittering hop. I cut the bittering addition in half and didn't add the second half until 30 minutes and it still has a nice bite. I can pick up on the pear type flavors too.

I used it in a pale ale and it was really good. Mine were pretty high alpha I think. I would use cascade or something even calmer for bittering and use this for aroma and flavor additions.

Back