How do people feel about the BrewMation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honest to god: It's awful damn expensive foe what it is.

Go with PIDS or a BCS computer system and you will be able to do way far more than that rig will get you.

With the BCS you can step your mash any friggin fancy pants way you please,
and because it's all digital you will bet consistency. And you can go pet the cobra while your beer is brewing.

Honest to god: It's awful damn expensive foe what it is.

Go with PIDS or a BCS computer system and you will be able to do way far more than that rig will get you.

With the BCS you can step your mash any friggin fancy pants way you please,
and because it's all digital you will bet consistency. And you can go pet the cobra while your beer is brewing.

What if he has no intention on building a rig and can afford it? He has a valid question and I very much doubt you could put a system together of that quality for that price. It has self priming peristaltic metering pumps so it can measure exactly how much strike and mash water to use. There are a host of other features that would be expensive to implement in a DIY system.

Shayn80, I have heard very good things about the system. If you do a search there is someone who has done a review very recently.

What if he has no intention on building a rig and can afford it? He has a valid question and I very much doubt you could put a system together of that quality for that price. It has self priming peristaltic metering pumps so it can measure exactly how much strike and mash water to use. There are a host of other features that would be expensive to implement in a DIY system.

Shayn80, I have heard very good things about the system. If you do a search there is someone who has done a review very recently.

@ Sawdustguy, thank you for that info, I don't have the skills to DIY everything, and I have been saving and am still 5 months away from saving enough to buy a pilot system and the Sabco unit is very expensive. In all honesty all my time and effort has been in recipes' and in building my knowledge base. So thanks for your input.

What about the electric conversion systems? Will a Love control mash temperatures close enough?

You are looking to fault someone who gave an opinion when an opinion was what was requested. Is it that you don't deal well when other people don't have the same thoughts as you?

Cliff,

When people ask about a canned system like the Brewmation they are asking because either they don't want to or for some reason can not DIY a brewery. For that reason giving our opinion on whether or not it is better or cheaper to DIY a brewery is fruitless. His question was "I was wondering what people thought of the Brewmation.com equipment...". I didn't see anywhere where he asked whether he could DIY one for less.

Secondly in your first post you claim, "Honest to god: It's awful damn expensive foe what it is". Then you say in your second post, "What price? He didn't name a price". How could you say it is too expensive if you didn't know the price.

Lastly, the Brewmation is a high quality home brewery that has quite a few neat features like the peristaltic metering pumps. It can also be purchased in a completely automated version that can run without connecting a PC to the brewery. Unlike the BCS-460, you can just enter your recipe and push a button.

While I prefer to DIY my brewery, not everyone wants to or has the skills to do so. I have seen alot of these types of posts here on the forum and invariably someone chimes in and says "it's too expensive, you should build it yourself". It doesn't really add to the discussion. It's obvious because the original poster chimes back with.

"Sawdustguy, thank you for that info, I don't have the skills to DIY everything, and I have been saving and am still 5 months away from saving enough to buy a pilot system and the Sabco unit is very expensive. In all honesty all my time and effort has been in recipes' and in building my knowledge base. So thanks for your input."

I am not trying to start a war with you. You are well within your rights to post you opinion here but does it really help answer the guy's question? It appears as if it didn't.

If you have nothing of value to add to the discussion about the BrewMation system, please refrain from posting. Arguing about how to argue gets us nowhere.

The BrewMation has me interested. I have an all SS Brutus 20 that ran about $5k to build with a BCS.

That being said, the Brewmation has more automation by far than my system does, and does it for a fraction of the price.

I like the SS sinks and their bottom drains.

If you had the DIY skills to build something LIKE the BrewMation, you would certainly spend more than they are asking. There is a guy here that has purchased one and has a whole thread started on the system and his thoughts. Youd probably get a solid opinion from him.

What I can say is this, after building several electric systems with varying levels of automation, I am impressed with the BrewMation design and the automation that is placed before you. I could never build anything with that level of automation, for that price... ever.

I am also not certain that you CANT "step" mash with the BrewMation control. In all likelihood, you cannot truly step mash with a RIMS or a HERMS anyway. The BrewMation is digitally temp. controlled too.

I will look for the thread for you.

Take a look here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/br...agic-vs-b3-but-comparisons-163149/index3.html

If you have nothing of value to add to the discussion about the BrewMation system, please refrain from posting. Arguing about how to argue gets us nowhere.

Yah you are correct. Maybe I over reacted.
It just galls me no end when persons take it upon themselves to tell other people how they ought or ought not to be speaking to third persons.

The BrewMation has me interested. I have an all SS Brutus 20 that ran about $5k to build with a BCS.

That being said, the Brewmation has more automation by far than my system does, and does it for a fraction of the price.

I like the SS sinks and their bottom drains.

If you had the DIY skills to build something LIKE the BrewMation, you would certainly spend more than they are asking. There is a guy here that has purchased one and has a whole thread started on the system and his thoughts. Youd probably get a solid opinion from him.

What I can say is this, after building several electric systems with varying levels of automation, I am impressed with the BrewMation design and the automation that is placed before you. I could never build anything with that level of automation, for that price... ever.

I am also not certain that you CANT "step" mash with the BrewMation control. In all likelihood, you cannot truly step mash with a RIMS or a HERMS anyway. The BrewMation is digitally temp. controlled too.

I will look for the thread for you.

Take a look here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/br...agic-vs-b3-but-comparisons-163149/index3.html

I agree with you Willy. The Brewmation offers so much more automation than a BCS-460 ever could and you don't need an external PC. I wish I could afford to DIY a Brewmation but even then I don't have enough electrical service available (I only have 125A service). If you really think about it the Brewmation is really reasonably priced for the high level of automation. I guess I have to be happy with my natural gas and Brewtroller based brewery.

Yeah, I sunk 5K into a 2 kettle system using the BCS. I COULD make it just as automated, but Id be in or for another $500-$1000 or so. Bringing my NON delivered total to 5.5K NOT including hundreds of hours of planning and labor, and the FREE stuff I got because I have generous friends.

A fully automated BrewMation delivered for 4.2K is amazing.

You could also look at it this way... some of the nice DIY projects people have done on this board (Kill-a-watt) for example, had prices quoted in the 4-5k range if it were sold... and many don't include anywhere NEAR the automation of brewmation's stuff.
I think you could definatly spend more and get less!!

Back