Just cracked open my first homebrew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primal_reason

Reaction score
And it's great! Wow, I was expecting it to be at least drinkable, but this is a beer I could sit down with and enjoy. They've only been bottle conditioning for a week, but I got curious and decided to try one today. I'll try to give them another week before I really start going at them.

:mug:

congrats...I always try my beer at one week in the bottle. Just wait to see how good it is at eight weeks!

you should really atleast wait 3-4 weeks... i know its hard for the first time but its worth it ;) keep on brewing so building up that back stock makes aging much easier!

I'm finding my second batch is really starting to taste decent after 3+ weeks and at first I considered it a total failure. My second batch is just coming up on 2 weeks and I'm having trouble holding off.

I was told this would happen when I did my first batch...

Mine was drinkable after 1.5-2 weeks, but once it hit 4 or 5 weeks it was great! What happened though? By that time I only had a few left and I regretted drinking all of the sub-par ones earlier on. I'm trying to keep my second batch aging for at least 4 weeks, but I've already had two :D

Congrats on doing a good job the first time round! I cracked open a bottle from my first batch after two weeks and it was OK - just a little after taste. I have been sampling them about every week or so and at about 6 weeks, all the after taste is gone -it's a really decent beer (rookie mistakes & all)!

I sent a six pack up to my brother in law and he had the same feed back on the first sample. He let them sit until last weekend and I got a text message from him -"These things are great!" High praise from a Scotsman who home brews :D

Bottom line is - time heals all - well most all...

I had the same reaction! I was amazed. My second brew is fermenting now. Patience is tough, but totally worth it.

Congrats! I'm on my 5th batch now and I'm just getting the hang of letting them condition for longer than a couple of weeks. Its extra tough when your homebrew reserves are running low...

I had the same reaction too. You know the best part? Your beer's just going to get better. Not just this batch, but all subsequent brews.

It IS hard when you're running low or when you have a "gap" in the pipeline. I bought a six pack the other day to keep myself from dipping in. ;)

Congratulations!

There is very little that can compare to the satisfaction drinking beer you brewed yourself brings. Now get cracking on the second batch so the wait is much easier!

Congrats! Pretty similar situation for me too. I tried my first one as about a week and it was pretty good. Now it's been a couple months and they are incredible (and almost gone). Second batch is conditioning now so I get to do my one week test very soon.

I think everyone goes through that. I was listening to a brewing podcast, and the guest said that "your homebrew tastes the best right about the time you run out of them" and it was so fitting.

I'm about to finish my second batch off, and it's as good as it's ever tasted. I'll have to brew it again and wait longer this time.

Cogratulations!

Congrats i opened my first brew last week and only sat for 4 days and let me tell you i tought it was a gonner but i brewed a new one and a week i tryed the first batch. It was a bigggg diffrance i gotta let them sit longer tho:)

Latest posts

Back