Perfect reason #2 to use a carboy over plastic bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirsloop

Reaction score
EASIER TO HOOK UP A BLOW OFF TUBE!!!! :mug: :rockin:

IMG_2861s.JPG

IMG_2860s.JPG

at least it was just your closet full of goofy-looking shirts that was affected...
:D :mug:

:rockin: :rockin:

That's awesome! And the same reason I too went to carboys. My cover blew off, dented the ceiling and it was in an open space so I had wort EVERYWHERE with a 15' range.

With a Carboy you can see when danger is soon to come and rig up that blow-off.

Lou said:
at least it was just your closet full of goofy-looking shirts that was affected...
:D :mug:

Hahaha....:) I was thinking the same thing myself.
I have similar shirts.

I have a unique cooler sized "bucket"....the lids has lifted a bit, but not blown off like that.

Is this more common to a specific type of beer? or is it temperature that would cause that?

OK, so there's a bucket of your favorite chili recipe, where's the beer blowoff you're talking about? *runs away*

ok... instead of going carboy I just got a 7.9gallon plastic primary. I should be able to do 5.5 gallon batches now without risking exploding, heh heh. Carboys are kinda a PITFA and way expensive. With this thing I should be able to use an from day one without issues, and use my old 6.5 gallon primary as my new secondary.

the 7.9 gallon primary was 20 bucks with lid from thegrape.net

Lou said:

Yeah and hopefully your SWMBO's clothes was nowhere nearby.... or you might just want to protect the family jewels for a few weeks.....

Beer Snob said:
Yeah and hopefully your SWMBO's clothes was nowhere nearby.... or you might just want to protect the family jewels for a few weeks.....

Yeah, our closet would actually be a great place for me to store my fermentor, but one blow out like that and I'd be out of the brewing business or divorced!

Back