Just Bottled my Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BG73395

Reaction score
I bottled my mead up a month or so ago and around the same time I bought a bottle of Redstone Meadery Traditional Mead and finally opened it up. It is my first taste of mead ever..I wasnt sure what to expect, but it is good and I like it. I cant wait to give mine a try.:rockin:

Even after a year on this forum, never made it and never tried it.

What kind of bottles did you use?

My first batch of sweet mead is still in primary, but I've been thinking ahead to bottling and I'm not sure what to do. Right now I'm planning on using beer bottles and capping them, but I'm open to other ideas.

How many ounces of mead does one typically drink in a night, anyway?

Beerthoven said:
What kind of bottles did you use?

My first batch of sweet mead is still in primary, but I've been thinking ahead to bottling and I'm not sure what to do. Right now I'm planning on using beer bottles and capping them, but I'm open to other ideas.

How many ounces of mead does one typically drink in a night, anyway?
I drank 500ml one night. Did not feel that flash in the morning I have to admit :eek:

I have only just got into mead and only have two in secondary for a couple of months and I think that they are very weak. I buy mine and it is like nectar of the gods. I would normally only have about 80ml I would guess. ....so I suppose beer bottles would be too big, unless you had swingtops

Ive taken out at least 750ml in a night, aka and entire wine bottles worth. Didnt feel the hangover at all, granted this was with a sweet mead. also to answer you question I use wine bottles and cork them.

I bottled mine in 22 oz bottles and while I am drinking the mead now I relize that might have been a mistake. I dont have a huge tolorance for alcohol and I have probably had a cup worth and I think it is enough for tonight :drunk:

dibby33 said:
I drank 500ml one night. Did not feel that flash in the morning I have to admit :eek:

I have only just got into mead and only have two in secondary for a couple of months and I think that they are very weak. I buy mine and it is like nectar of the gods. I would normally only have about 80ml I would guess. ....so I suppose beer bottles would be too big, unless you had swingtops

12oz (354.88 ml) does seem like a lot to drink in one night. I could just recap the bottle since I always have a few pounds of beer bottle caps on hand. I also have a replacement "cork" for wine bottles that is a little pump thingy that evacuates the air in a bottle I could use.

Beerthoven said:
12oz (354.88 ml) does seem like a lot to drink in one night. I could just recap the bottle since I always have a few pounds of beer bottle caps on hand. I also have a replacement "cork" for wine bottles that is a little pump thingy that evacuates the air in a bottle I could use.
I bottled my JOAM in Miller High Life bottles...(In laws...Not Me)
1/2 bottle makes a nice drink, then use a tasting cork to seal till tomorrow.
If ya drink the whole ting, it's not going to kill you.

A nice wine glass of sweet mead and half my SWMBO's glass is a nice way to finish a HB session. From 12 oz guiness bottles. I like the way mead looks so clear bottles are probably nice. Big bottles look more "professional".
Question Cold or room temp?
I like mine cooled a little but room temp is fine also

Back