FT: Alpine Nelson & Pure Hoppiness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetskeez

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I recently found this subforum and was hoping to give it a shot. I picked up a couple bottles of fresh Alpine Nelson and a single bottle of Alpine Pure Hopiness. Just looking to trade for something good that I can't get here is So Cal. If you would like anything else in the trade also feel free to ask and I'll see what I can get.

Sure, sounds great. I'll swing by the spot that carries Pliny on my way home. Usually my timing is poor and they are already out, but it won't hurt to try.

I'd suggest adding some white oak jai alai to that list! Yummmmmm

The probably had it and I wasn't looking. Their facebook page keeps an updated listing of what they have on tap for growlers and for bottles for the week and weekend.

Dave1096 said:
I understand everybody and their mother wants to try Pliny...but Nelson is 100x better of an IPA, in my opinion.

That's funny I was talking with a guy who own a brew shop in NH and he said the exact same thing. I want to try alpine brews even more now

That's funny I was talking with a guy who own a brew shop in NH and he said the exact same thing. I want to try alpine brews even more now

Nelson might be my favorite IPA on the planet. Alpine makes some unbelievable beers. Nelson, Duet, and Bad Boy (Bad Boy is draft only) are all top tier IPAs. Haven't had a chance to try Exponential Hoppiness yet, but I will one day.

Dave1096, I would have to agree with you. Since first trying it about five or so years ago, it still is my favorite beer today. But Pliny certainly is worth finding as well. I did end up sending him a Pliny in the trade too, so he will be able to be his own judge. Cheers.

Dave1096, I would have to agree with you. Since first trying it about five or so years ago, it still is my favorite beer today. But Pliny certainly is worth finding as well. I did end up sending him a Pliny in the trade too, so he will be able to be his own judge. Cheers.

Don't get me wrong...I absolutely love Pliny. It's a great beer, and I'll never turn one down. I just won't go out of my way to get it like I will some other beers (like Nelson). The one really impressive thing about Pliny, though, is that it is the beer that started the IIPA style, and it's still one of the better ones out there.

Don't get me wrong...I absolutely love Pliny. It's a great beer, and I'll never turn one down. I just won't go out of my way to get it like I will some other beers (like Nelson). The one really impressive thing about Pliny, though, is that it is the beer that started the IIPA style, and it's still one of the better ones out there.

Looks like I need to start looking for some.

It's part of my beervana. I enjoyed a Nelson the other day. Was quite good, but the Pliny in my fridge is dying to be drunk.

Latest posts

Back