What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking water in between beers but wanted to show how the storm has progressed.

image-3451272323.jpg

image-1338232745.jpg

My first homebrew. A hobgoblin clone not sure what I like better the real thing or mine. Ok I lied mines way better.... Because I made it!

Sam Adams Pumpkin Ale,shure is a nice break having this and plus its still cold out as Flip. Pretty solid spiced pumpkin ale as well. Cheers!

EllisTX said:
How has it aged so far? The divine 12

Not really enjoying it. I think with more aging it will be better. I just got four of these today from my sister's in laws. I figured I'd try one now and let the other three age.

I believe it's a negra modelo bottle I got from a coworker...dam foil was tough to get off

Ah. Didn't recognize it without the gold bling.

Not really enjoying it. I think with more aging it will be better. I just got four of these today from my sister's in laws. I figured I'd try one now and let the other three age.

Good to know . I've got 5 left and I plan on sitting on them for awhile.

xMalachi said:
Starting and ending? 16% has to be a boozy beer. Any thoughts on it?

Yeah no schlitz....It is working!

Ok, heavy super malty and strong.....warm alcohol. I'd say they pulled it off for 16%, rich but fully drinkable if you're in for the night. I'm in.

Smoked Black IPA.. Starting to lose its hop aroma, but still enjoyable... Really love the combo of hop and smoke.. The light above the beer is from a city plow truck stuck in the snow, wheels spinning.

image-2239918909.jpg

A glass of Dogfish Head Midas Touch. About to head to a local brewpub for some of their tasty Vanilla Porter.

mikeh80 said:
Black Butte. Second beer from Deschutes I've had, (first was chainbreaker) and so far, 2 for 2. :rockin:

Wait until you have their Obsidian Stout or NWPA.

Wait until you have their Obsidian Stout or NWPA.

Yeah, hopefully the local place will get those two in. They didn't have the NW in today, though I've seen it there before. It was just last month that we've even been able to get Deschutes here in IL.

Boulevard Smokestack series Saison Bret is on deck. Having a Left Hand Milk Stout right now.

Yeah, hopefully the local place will get those two in. They didn't have the NW in today, though I've seen it there before. It was just last month that we've even been able to get Deschutes here in IL.

Right on, although my location says St. Louis I'm actually in IL as well. ;) I just used to get my Deschutes fill when I would venture over to the MO side. We don't get Firestone Walker on my side of the river for some reason either so I still get that on the other side. I haven't seen any 22oz bottles of Deschutes yet or even their Inversion IPA. I've seen Chainbreaker, NWPA, Black Butte, Obsidian, and Mirror Pond.

PBR while running some calibration dry runs (with just water, so I guess wet runs) on my new equipment (marking my mash paddle for volume, checking boiloff rate, dead space, etc).

An Abita 25th Anniversary Vanilla Doubledog. I really like this beer even though it goes against almost everything I usually enjoy about a beer. It is very mild flavored with almost no hop flavor but it is VERY easy drinking. I don't know if I have ever had a dark 7% beer I could see me drinking after a hard day work but I could this one.

Right on, although my location says St. Louis I'm actually in IL as well. ;) I just used to get my Deschutes fill when I would venture over to the MO side. We don't get Firestone Walker on my side of the river for some reason either so I still get that on the other side. I haven't seen any 22oz bottles of Deschutes yet or even their Inversion IPA. I've seen Chainbreaker, NWPA, Black Butte, Obsidian, and Mirror Pond.

I'm on the opposite side of the state out in BFE. Selection is severely limited around here, but they've always got good stuff in. I know I can always get either Torpedo or one of a variety of SA at the place I go to. Also, I recently tried the O'Fallon 5 day IPA and liked it a lot. Just a shame they package in those twist-off bottles.

Now on to my dark lager. Is this dark enough for a Schwarzbier? It gets its color from pale chocolate, c120 and special b malts.

image-3463267917.jpg

image-1843355939.jpg

Founder's Red's Rye Pale Ale from trade with swarley88. Man, I love rye. This beer is really good. I just put a ton of rye and chocolate rye in a imperial stout, I think rye is going incorporated into a lot more of my beers.

Latest posts

Back