Carolina Beach / Wilmington Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Heading down to Carolina Beach for a week this weekend. Where should we try and hit for dinner for a good beer? We'll have two small (3.5 years and 6 months) children with us. So far I see Carolina Ale House and Front Street Brewery for dinner. Probably going to hit Light House Beer and Wine to grab beer for the condo for the week.

Any place else I should be looking at?

Scratch Carolina Ale House off your list. Not much beer selection, at least not for an ale house, and the food is.....meh. That's based on the one near me. YMMV at the beach.

Front st is pretty good. That's where i'd go.

Scratch Carolina Ale House off your list. Not much beer selection, at least not for an ale house, and the food is.....meh. That's based on the one near me. YMMV at the beach.

Thanks. Ale House is looked like it'd be what you described Reel and Front Street looked like a much better brewery. I'll squeeze that in for dinner one night.

How far are you from Wilmington Reel?

Heading to Wilmington for a wedding this weekend. I remember Front Street from a visit a couple years back. Will Definetely return. I remember an Italian joint (Tony's?) with a good selection. But the BEST place that I will spend as much time as I can was Cape Fear in Downtown. Any locals able to confirm that name?

Any good BBQ places nearby? We had Franks for lunch and I had the BBQ Pork sandwhich. It was real deal, dry rub , delicious with slaw on top. Very good. I'd like to hit a straight BBQ joint.

Back